How is Dunkin Donuts coming along?

Miscellaneous discussions. Things that don't have anything to do with Western, Leatherneck Athletics, college sports in general, etc.
Neckfansince71

This is a very very significant addition to the Macomb proper and I know when we were down for the Purple and Gold construction had just begun. Anybody know how it is coming along? I know it is expecting alot but it would be great if it were done by Homecoming. ;) jc
leatherface

:lol: :lol: Having a Dunkin Donuts a very,very significant addition to Macomb? :lol: :lol: Good one neckfansince71. If this is significant progress for Macomb economically, that's sad.
wiu712

Photo of the Dunkin' Donuts & Baskin-Robbins combo building:
http://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/news/2017 ... ng-headway
leatherneckcountry

leatherface wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:27 am :lol: :lol: Having a Dunkin Donuts a very,very significant addition to Macomb? :lol: :lol: Good one neckfansince71. If this is significant progress for Macomb economically, that's sad.
Yep totally agree there are many aren't that thrilled to see it coming the city raised tax and then turned around and loaned the franchise let's just say you won't see me standing at the door anytime soon.
sealhall74

If they have a CAKE donut comparable to the Krispy Kreme Cruller, I will be there and if history repeats itself, will polish off about a dozen in one day. Gotta be a CAKE donut though - too damn much air in other varieties unless you put a little egg, bacon, and cheese inside a glazed donut of any variety leaving you in hog heaven:

Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

leatherface wrote::lol: :lol: Having a Dunkin Donuts a very,very significant addition to Macomb? :lol: :lol: Good one neckfansince71. If this is significant progress for Macomb economically, that's sad.
Considering everything that's been going on the last few years, it is significant progress even though it is sad that this qualifies as such. Any new business in Macomb is a big deal these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
leatherneckcountry

ST_Lawson wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:34 pm
leatherface wrote::lol: :lol: Having a Dunkin Donuts a very,very significant addition to Macomb? :lol: :lol: Good one neckfansince71. If this is significant progress for Macomb economically, that's sad.
Considering everything that's been going on the last few years, it is significant progress even though it is sad that this qualifies as such. Any new business in Macomb is a big deal these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hopefully when they get the road to attach 67 and 34 done there will be a few businesses that will go out there
wiu712

ST_Lawson wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:34 pmAny new business in Macomb is a big deal these days.
Macomb has not been exempt from businesses closing down. In the past year or so, Macomb has lost K-Mart, J.C. Penney, Radio Shack, and Ponderosa.
leatherface

My post regarding Dunkin Donuts wasn't intended to demean Macomb or it's economy. Looking at the businesses that have left Macomb, I can see that any new business coming can be important.
wiu712

Dunkin' Donuts/Baskin Robbins in Macomb now hiring.

From WGEM News:
http://www.wgem.com/story/36395641/2017 ... now-hiring