How is Dunkin Donuts coming along?

Miscellaneous discussions. Things that don't have anything to do with Western, Leatherneck Athletics, college sports in general, etc.
Neckfansince71

I just saw on line that the Dunkin Donuts is taking applications for the new DD/Baskins Store. Still not sure when it is opening though. Any thoughts about the first day of "donut" sales! ;) jc
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Don't know. They're still working, but my best guess based on how it looks is another month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Neckfansince71

Anything new on the "Dunkin Donut" watch? ;) jc
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Neckfansince71 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:30 am Anything new on the "Dunkin Donut" watch? ;) jc
Siding going up on the outside over the last few days. Starting to actually look like a DD/BR.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Neckfansince71

Yes!!!!!!!! Great news! ;) jc
leatherface

It is great news. I haven't slept well in a month waiting for this to open. Toss and turn dreaming about this!
Neckfansince71

Me too Leatherface! I have tossed and turned to! :lol: Just another step in the right direction for "humanity" as far as I am concerned! ;) jc
wiu712

Any new business in Macomb is going to result in an increase in sales tax revenue for the city and also for all of the public K-12 schools that McDonough County students attend. A 1% sales tax benefits those schools.

With the recent store closings (K-Mart, J.C. Penney, Radio Shack, etc), there has been a drop in sales tax revenue.
Neckfansince71

Hey, don't get me wrong, I truly enjoy DD coffee every morning and my wife and I have really worked hard to find a coffee shop in Macomb that can equal their brew. As you can tell, I am not a big Starbucks guy. Anyway, 712 you made the comment regarding Kmart, JCPenny, and Radio Schack before and my initial reaction was, yep those businesses have closed around here too. Even Ponderosa is gone along with one of my favorite places to eat, Macaroni Grill. There have also been store fronts left unoccupied in Danada Square and Rice Lake Mall. Slowly businesses are moving back in, but my aha moment was, in the burbs there are so many eating and buying establishment to take the place of the ones lost, in Macomb, that is not the case. Walmart of course seems to be thriving and to be honest, the Macomb Walmart is loaded with goodies and items that you don't find in other areas. My brother in law is a pharmacist in HyVee in DesMonies and those store seem to be going all out to be both grocery and gourmet like. Breakfast at HyVee in Macomb is really good too. I am glad that StarBucks invaded their area although I would have loved to have seen a cozy StarBucks Store in the square or even the union. Would have created huge traffic especially downtown, and would have given students a place to meet and greet too. Oh well! Mainstreets and Squares have had a tough time succeeding against malls and strip malls throughout the United States. Here is to a healthy WIU and a healthier Macomb. Until then, keep me posted on how construction is going because I am realllllllly interested as you already know! ;) jc
wiu712

Baskin-Robbins will be making a return to Macomb when the new combo with Dunkin Donuts opens. The previous Baskin-Robbin was also on West Jackson, but closer in to the Square.