How is Dunkin Donuts coming along?

Miscellaneous discussions. Things that don't have anything to do with Western, Leatherneck Athletics, college sports in general, etc.
sealhall74

on the flipside, Petey's in Monmouth and maybe Barnstormer (same owner) are closing. In Galesburg, long-time BBQ spot Rib Shack is also closing down.
Back in the day, when my Dad took the family to either Rib Shack or even Harbor Lights next door once in a while, we thought we were living high off the hog. As a youngster, to get some melba toasts and butter tray before your salad showed up was an event to salivate over. :lol:

Streaks hoops coach John Theil would have some post-game chats from the bar at Harbor Lights. But wasn't the WGIL post-game show broadcast from the Huddle Inn?

http://www.galesburg.com/article/201312 ... /131209823

As they say in France, il m'échappe. Yep, the old gray mare just ain't what she used to be.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

sealhall74 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:01 pmPetey's in Monmouth and maybe Barnstormer (same owner) are closing. In Galesburg, long-time BBQ spot Rib Shack is also closing down.
The Cerars (owners of Petey's and Barnstormer in Monmouth) have also closed The Packing House in Galesburg.
vatusay

Darn, I loved those little cinnamon rolls you got before the meal.
#ALLIN #YOLO
Tere North

vatusay wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:51 pm Darn, I loved those little cinnamon rolls you got before the meal.
Macomb Dining Company may be coming back. If it pans out, we may again have yummy cinnamon rolls once again in Macomb!
leatherneckcountry

I was in the union this morning and noticed that the wall that was blocking Chick F Ila was gone and and the menu screen was up so does this mean it could actually be open this semester.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

leatherneckcountry wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:46 am I was in the union this morning and noticed that the wall that was blocking Chick F Ila was gone and and the menu screen was up so does this mean it could actually be open this semester.
Last I heard (a few weeks ago), they were supposed to open last Monday, but it doesn't look like that happened. Probably sometime this week, I'd guess.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
bignecks

Anybody know if Papa Johns is ever coming back like originally reported? They were a personal favorite (ducks for cover), and I've been waiting for some news on it for a bit.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

bignecks wrote:Anybody know if Papa Johns is ever coming back like originally reported? They were a personal favorite (ducks for cover), and I've been waiting for some news on it for a bit.
I haven't heard anything locally, but I have heard that the company is struggling nationally. I don't know if the locations are franchises or not and what effect that might have on the likelihood of it reopening though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
leatherneckcountry

Chick Fil'A will be opening at 10:30 tomorrow.
wiu712

As part of Chick-fil-A's grand opening, 30 miniature cows -- Chick-fil-A's mascot -- will be hidden throughout campus early Monday morning, and individuals who find the cows can bring them to the special VIP line any time on opening day, from 10:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m., to take advantage of an "express" VIP line, as well as a free small beverage and small waffle fry.

Chick-fil-A's regular business hours, which begin Monday, Jan. 14, are 10:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.