How is Dunkin Donuts coming along?

Miscellaneous discussions. Things that don't have anything to do with Western, Leatherneck Athletics, college sports in general, etc.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Will the Leathernecks run on Dunkins? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Neckfansince71

Yes, absolutely!!!!! How about Dunkin Donuts Stadium at Hanson Field?? They make plenty of dough!! ;) jc
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Neckfansince71 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:41 pm Yes, absolutely!!!!! How about Dunkin Donuts Stadium at Hanson Field?? They make plenty of dough!! ;) jc
Ok...but on one condition. When they dedicate the new Dunkin Donuts Stadium at Hanson Field, Frank Winters has to be there to present a literal "bag o' donuts".
leatherneckcountry

Drove by just to see how busy they were and there not open.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

leatherneckcountry wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:36 am Drove by just to see how busy they were and there not open.
Sounds like it might be another day or two. I drive past it every morning, so I'll keep my eye on things and post if I see it open.

In other news, they've taken down the two old houses across from Walgreens (these two next to the vet place). The new Animal Medical Center is going up about 4 blocks further east on Jackson, and once they've moved over, construction will start on the new CVS building on that corner.

EDIT - here's more info:
Neckfansince71

So I am not really sure of the logic of a CVS building across the street from a Walgreens. We have the same situation in Wheaton. A Walgreens was built just north of the Jewel/Oscos and has done quite well. They tore a 6 story building down across the street and build a CVS! I asked the question at CVS and the manager said it was a part of their marketing plan! I do like all the construction going on in Macomb. With the good weather I would imagine the Golf Clubhouse is moving along too! ;) jc
sealhall74

And now you have Arby's sitting right next to it's child company BWW, Oh what a tangled web we weave.
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Neckfansince71 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:24 am So I am not really sure of the logic of a CVS building across the street from a Walgreens. We have the same situation in Wheaton. A Walgreens was built just north of the Jewel/Oscos and has done quite well. They tore a 6 story building down across the street and build a CVS! I asked the question at CVS and the manager said it was a part of their marketing plan! I do like all the construction going on in Macomb. With the good weather I would imagine the Golf Clubhouse is moving along too! ;) jc
CVS has a very specific plan for their marketing/location situation:
1. Use traffic studies to find the busiest intersection in the town/area.
2. Do everything possible to be there or as close to there as they can possibly get.
3. That includes including buying up properties and tearing them down.

Walgreens has nearly the same strategy actually, which is why you often see a CVS and Walgreens very close to each other. My brother-in-law is from Sandwich, IL and the same thing happened there. The church that his family went to was kinda old, a bit rundown and small for their congregation...but happened to be right in the middle of town, right on the corner of Main Street and Church Street (the main E/W road that is also US 34 and the Walter Payton Memorial Highway)). Walgreens wrote them a big fat check to go build a new church, so they took the offer and now you have a Walgreens right there in the middle of town.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:41 am And now you have Arby's sitting right next to it's child company BWW, Oh what a tangled web we weave.
Well...kinda. Roark Capital Group bought BWW. Roark Capital also owns or is part owner of Arby's, CKE Restaurants (Carls Jr., Hardees, Green Burrito/Red Burrito), Focus Brands (Auntie Anne's, Cinnabon, McAlister's Deli, Schlotzsky's, etc.), Jimmy John's, among many other companies: Roark Capital Portfolio Companies

It would be just as accurate to say that you also have a McAlister's Deli going in right across the street from it's "brother", BWW.
sealhall74

Wow, Roark Capital probably deserves a nice big suite in the new west side.
Embrace the pace of the race.