A couple of stops on the Team Links Train!!

Miscellaneous discussions. Things that don't have anything to do with Western, Leatherneck Athletics, college sports in general, etc.
Neckfansince71

It has been very interesting looking at each team's Links this weekend. Just thought I would take a look at the Redbird comments initially and it seems to me that they have the same concerns that we have at times. Namely, how do you get fans tailgating into the seats at Hancock? How do you get the students to come out to the games and stay. What's wrong with the team, what happened the second half etc. etc. They have their pessimists and optimists just like we do.

Head over to the ISUB Trees link and they have a poll about where to move conference wise for football and all sports. Choices, stay in MVFC, stay in MVC, leave and move to the OVC (we have debated this too), drop football, etc. etc. As far as I am concerned they are a dangerous 0-9 and we must get ahold of them early and not let go!

UDS is complaining about conservative play calling while in the lead at UNI which eventually turned into a loss. And then there is the player behavior incident along with the rumors that come with it that some of the USD news media have grabbed on to that prove the old adage,
"no matter what, its always something!" I would say the USD administration is handily this in an aggressive manner and I congratulate them for that. Its tough being responsible for 20 year old athletes!!!

I really have not been over to the Sdst. website but I am sure things have got to be bubbling. I did see a comment about their stadium on the Bison board and some one commenting on how the brand new facility is already falling apart and not well designed. Of course they are debating the outdoors venue vs. the inside venue.

I will finish this conference links journey later! "In the mean time, in-between time, aint we got fun!!!" ;) jc
sealhall74

I hear ya loud and clear about ISUb being a potentially dangerous team. Cant take them lightly. Senior Day for their boys. They probably have something to prove. Need I remind everyone who let them off the hook of that 33 game losing streak back in 2009?
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:59 am I hear ya loud and clear about ISUb being a potentially dangerous team. Cant take them lightly. Senior Day for their boys. They probably have something to prove. Need I remind everyone who let them off the hook of that 33 game losing streak back in 2009?
Also relevant...NDSU's second championship season of the recent 5-time champs streak (2012) they had one loss during the season. A regular-season matchup with Indiana State. Now, that INSU team was a lot better than this year's INSU team, but this year's team was a missed FG away from beating a Liberty team that had beaten Baylor earlier in the season.

Are we favored?...yes, but like you said, you can't take any MVFC team lightly. They have some talented players in positions that can really turn the game around if we're not careful. Treat this ISU just like last week's ISU and give it everything you've got.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
rocki

Absolutely. Contrary to what records might show, there are no cupcakes in the MVFC. "Shoulds" don't always translate into actual wins regardless of what the stats show going into the game.