Thomspon Hall Mob Action Arrests

Miscellaneous discussions. Things that don't have anything to do with Western, Leatherneck Athletics, college sports in general, etc.
LeatherCy

My mom called last week to tell me she saw on both Quincy TV stations 8 mug shots, seven of which were students, that were arrested for "mob action" after a brawl at the Thompson Hall dining area. It just gets worse and worse at Western, in Macomb and McDonough County. Thanks for creating this mess Jackie Thomas!!
wiu712

LeatherCy wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:25 pm8 mug shots, seven of which were students, that were arrested for "mob action" after a brawl at the Thompson Hall dining area.
Eight arrested following weekend Thompson fight.
From the Western Courier:
https://westerncourier.com/40595/news/e ... son-fight/
HoosierNeck13

I have a friend who is a pretty known name at Western and sat in on the presidential interviews. He commented that Dr. Thomas was the cheap and easy choice. I'm thinking that things would have been different if we went in a different direction.
Western used to be such an awesome place but it has declined since I was there (Undergrad '03-'06 and Grad '12-'13). I noticed a big difference between the two times I was there. I'm not being critical, as I will always bleed purple and gold but it makes me sad to see the decline.
leatherneckcountry

I'm sorry but things weren't any better under Goldfarb several bomb treats Wheeler Street block party all happened under his leadership but some reason everyone thinks he was this great leader that he wasn't.
HoosierNeck13

I'm not saying everything was a rose garden under Goldfarb but enrollment and academic standards were much higher. Heck, you could go through every president at Western and find something wrong (Beu athletic scandal).
Tere North

HoosierNeck13 wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:06 am I have a friend who is a pretty known name at Western and sat in on the presidential interviews. He commented that Dr. Thomas was the cheap and easy choice. I'm thinking that things would have been different if we went in a different direction.
Western used to be such an awesome place but it has declined since I was there (Undergrad '03-'06 and Grad '12-'13). I noticed a big difference between the two times I was there. I'm not being critical, as I will always bleed purple and gold but it makes me sad to see the decline.
It is definitely past time for a major change in leadership, and a change that brings in new blood rather than inbreeding. This administration has been asleep at the wheel as Western slides off the road.
leatherneckcountry

Goldfarb and Johnson were smart and got out because they saw the writing on the wall. Not saying that Thomas and company have done a great job but the ship was already going down when he became president enrollment was down. It just drives me crazy that people act like Goldfarb left and everything was in great shape cause it's simply not true. I have nothing against Goldfarb because I've never personally met him he was only the president for my 1st year at WIU I have personally dealt with Dr Thomas on multiple occasions and have always liked him.
Tere North

leatherneckcountry wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:29 pm Goldfarb and Johnson were smart and got out because they saw the writing on the wall. Not saying that Thomas and company have done a great job but the ship was already going down when he became president enrollment was down. It just drives me crazy that people act like Goldfarb left and everything was in great shape cause it's simply not true. I have nothing against Goldfarb because I've never personally met him he was only the president for my 1st year at WIU I have personally dealt with Dr Thomas on multiple occasions and have always liked him.
Had we actually brought in a President rather than promoting from within, we would be far better off now. The consensus candidate the Board passed on ended up as UoI-Springfield where progress is being made. The Boards pick we got stuck with has led us nowhere. As Provost he was weak, as President he is ensuring a continual slide. Sure, he's a nice guy, but not a leader!
wiu712

Tere North wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:25 pmThe consensus candidate the Board passed on ended up at UI-Springfield where progress is being made.
UIS Chancellor Susan Koch was one of the 5 finalists for the President's job at Western. She seemed to be the preferred candidate of both the campus and community. However, the Western Board of Trustees went a different direction.
Tere North

wiu712 wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:32 pm
Tere North wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:25 pmThe consensus candidate the Board passed on ended up at UI-Springfield where progress is being made.
UIS Chancellor Susan Koch was one of the 5 finalists for the President's job at Western. She seemed to be the preferred candidate of both the campus and community. However, the Western Board of Trustees went a different direction.
Yep, the Board has a love affair going on with Thomas. Wow, talk about a lost opportunity.