"New" business on the east side of town

Miscellaneous discussions. Things that don't have anything to do with Western, Leatherneck Athletics, college sports in general, etc.
leatherneckcountry

Not sure if it’s true but I’ve heard that a town must have at least 20,000 before stake and shake will consider a location
wiu712

Lincoln, IL has a Steak 'n Shake. It is attached to a gas station / truck stop.

Lincoln's population is 13,816.
wiu712

Macomb will add a second Starbucks.
From the Western Courier:
https://westerncourier.com/44379/news/m ... starbucks/
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

According to the Voice (newspaper), there are plans for two other national chains to go in the same building with Starbucks, but nothing has been finalized yet, so they can't announce anything yet.
Also, it sounds like there's a decent chance that the kiosk in Hy-Vee will remain. So that's not too bad, especially if there's something else interesting in that building.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
leatherneckcountry

So I knew KFC was remodeling but I didn’t know it was cause they were getting rid of LJS those seem to be disappearing fast.
leatherneckcountry

ST_Lawson wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:40 pm According to the Voice (newspaper), there are plans for two other national chains to go in the same building with Starbucks, but nothing has been finalized yet, so they can't announce anything yet.
Also, it sounds like there's a decent chance that the kiosk in Hy-Vee will remain. So that's not too bad, especially if there's something else interesting in that building.
Hopefully a good burrito place I love burrito but there’s not really a good place for a burrito in town.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

leatherneckcountry wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:45 pm So I knew KFC was remodeling but I didn’t know it was cause they were getting rid of LJS those seem to be disappearing fast.
Yeah. On the plus side, the building looks a lot nicer now.
leatherneckcountry wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:50 pmHopefully a good burrito place I love burrito but there’s not really a good place for a burrito in town.
That'd be nice. We used to have a place over where Max and Molly's is now (it was the east side Pizza Hut back in the day) that did burritos similar to Chipotle (smaller chain called Salsaritas, but I guess it couldn't make things work.

Then there was a place just off campus on Adams, across from the original location of Chubby's (same owners) that had burritos. That one lasted about a year.

I always see students saying we need a Chipotle...but when we get a place like that, they don't seem to support it. I love a good burrito though, so that'd be pretty nice if something like that was able to make things work.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
leatherneckcountry

Then there was a place just off campus on Adams, across from the original location of Chubby's (same owners) that had burritos. That one lasted about a year.

I always see students saying we need a Chipotle...but when we get a place like that, they don't seem to support it. I love a good burrito though, so that'd be pretty nice if something like that was able to make things work.
[/quote] I remember that location I felt like they never had consistent hrs was one of there big problems.
sealhall74

leatherneckcountry wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:07 pm Then there was a place just off campus on Adams, across from the original location of Chubby's (same owners) that had burritos. That one lasted about a year.

I remember that location I felt like they never had consistent hrs was one of there big problems.
[/quote]

How long have those 2-level townhouses/apartments on the south side of 400 block of West Adams been there? Those look pretty nice. If my memory serves me, I stayed on the other side of the street in 416#C for one year.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

Macomb doesn’t need a second Starbucks.
From the Western Courier:
https://westerncourier.com/44455/opinio ... starbucks/