Need help with this one

Miscellaneous discussions. Things that don't have anything to do with Western, Leatherneck Athletics, college sports in general, etc.
sealhall74

On May 31, 2019 the Illinois General Assembly passed legislation to legalize recreational marijuana use and it is currently awaiting the signature of Democratic Governor J.B. Pritzker.[3][4] Illinois became the first state in the nation to legalize cannabis for recreational sale and use through the legislature.

The bill would allow adults 21 and older to purchase and possess 30 grams of cannabis, five grams of cannabis concentrate, and cannbis-infused products containing no more than 500 milligrams of THC. Nonresidents will be able to purchase half of each of those amounts.

Scratching my head here. What is the point of limiting the purchase by non-residents. There must be some logical reason but I just cant fathom what it is. Oh, wait. This is the Illinois legislature in action. That answers it. :lol:
Embrace the pace of the race.
sealhall74

After further scratching, this is what I came up. It sort of goes back to my youth when the Illinois drinking age was 19 but across the river in Iowa you could get buzzed at only 18. Not that I am expert, but I think 15 grams of weed is probably about what you and a couple or three buddies can probably get high on after crossing the state line into Illinois. More than that, then you are going to have some leftover and will be scratching your head what to do with it. Get a little higher and risk getting home safely? Transport it back home where it is illegal to possess? That's all I can think of.
Embrace the pace of the race.
Western_101

Illinois' new marketing slogan. "Illinois, where things are pretty crappy but at least you can buy more legal weed!"

True story. I needed a U-Haul the other day, checked out the local establishment they had none. Guy there says they have so many one way rentals they have had to hire people to drive the trucks back to Illinois. :shock: