Sanford Health & Unity Point Health merge

Miscellaneous discussions. Things that don't have anything to do with Western, Leatherneck Athletics, college sports in general, etc.
Western_101

From the Peoria Journal Star.

https://www.pjstar.com/news/20190628/un ... ord-health

Unity Point Health being a relatively large entity (19 hospitals and many Urgent care clinics) includes many hospitals somewhat close to Macomb. Some of those hospitals include one in Mucatine, three hospitals in the Quad Cities three in the Peoria area, Keokuk and Carthage. Sanford is the senior partner in this deal boasting a larger annual revenue more locations and more employees than Unity Point. It seems as though Sanford's resources are endless.

It really would be a Godsend to McDonough District Hospital if it was acquired by Sanford which would lead to an infusion of resources and gain it access to the massive network that is Sanford Health.
Last edited by Western_101 on Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sealhall74

According to this source below, South Dakota and Illinois both rank about middle of the pack when it comes to health. I figured they would be a little higher, more along the lines of their neighbors to the north. Interestingly, all of the states surrounding South Dakota appear to be a little healthier. On the surface, Sanford looks very good, but there is that old saying about the front office decor that may apply here:

The Opulence Of The Front Office Decor Varies Inversely With The Fundamental Solvency Of The Firm

Update: Sanford may not be the dominant health care provider in the state. Avera looks to be very big as well.

https://www.advisory.com/daily-briefing ... h-rankings
Embrace the pace of the race.
Western_101

sealhall74 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:28 am According to this source below, South Dakota and Illinois both rank about middle of the pack when it comes to health. I figured they would be a little higher, more along the lines of their neighbors to the north. Interestingly, all of the states surrounding South Dakota appear to be a little healthier. On the surface, Sanford looks very good, but there is that old saying about the front office decor that may apply here:

The Opulence Of The Front Office Decor Varies Inversely With The Fundamental Solvency Of The Firm

Update: Sanford may not be the dominant health care provider in the state. Avera looks to be very big as well.

https://www.advisory.com/daily-briefing ... h-rankings
That is very a very interesting point you make Seal. The "Real" Hospital in Peoria is OSF level I trauma center, (largest hospital between Chicago and St. Louis) it owns many other hospitals as well. It also boasts a fleet of four EC 145 medical helicopters. This hospital was the first in the State of Illinois to initiate use of helivac. I'm not really sure why I mention this accept for as Seal alluded maybe what is behind the shiny veneer is not on par with its peers.