WIU All-Steinway school?

Miscellaneous discussions. Things that don't have anything to do with Western, Leatherneck Athletics, college sports in general, etc.
Western_101

Having the status of being an All-Steinway school is a pretty big deal. It is my understanding that none of the public universities in the State of Illinois hold that distinction.

Western Is seeking to acquire that title.

Does anybody know how close the school is to reaching this Goal?

Too bad Steinway doesn't give the pianos away, it's the darndest thing they expect to be paid for 'em.

[*]http://www.wiu.edu/news/newsrelease.php ... e_id=15418
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

I don't know what the numbers are for it, but I talked to someone who has some idea and he says that they are getting fairly consistent donations from people towards the "piano project".
So, progress is being made on it.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Western_101

Thanks for the update Scott.

Maybe if WIU achieves that distinction the State will finally give WIU the money it's been withholding for the planned and approved (by the State) Center for Performing Arts.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

RedNeck wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:21 pm Thanks for the update Scott.

Maybe if WIU achieves that distinction the State will finally give WIU the money it's been withholding for the planned and approved (by the State) Center for Performing Arts.
Maybe. I've heard that there might be $ being allocated towards WIU's Center for Performing Arts...but I'll believe it when I see it. I've already seen 2...maybe 3 "groundbreaking" ceremonies for that building that went nowhere. I'll be happy when I see concrete being poured for it...until then, I'm not holding my breath.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000