Maybe it's the Dutch in me

Miscellaneous discussions. Things that don't have anything to do with Western, Leatherneck Athletics, college sports in general, etc.
wiu712

Tere North wrote:Tanner for the athletes, that would work.
If the athletes are going to be in Tanner next year, the university will have to improve the dining services in that residential complex. Right now, it has limited service.
Tere North

Tanner students eat in the Bay/Hen dining center. It is complete.
vatusay

Seal, love the idea for the specialty suite/peach blossoms location on the hill.

I would bet people would pay for that experience on game day and not an overly expensive addition.
#ALLIN #YOLO
sealhall74

ST_Lawson wrote:
Tere North wrote:I didn't mean build a new athletic's dorm, but to use what we have, but dedicate one of them to athletes.
Probably part of Thompson or Tanner would work best. Those are the closest to the athletic facilities.
Do we attempt to locate students in residence halls that are close to the buildings they will be spending most of their time in (based on major, etc)? Won't work for everyone but it could be a selling point to parents and kids that we do have a "computerized" system in place that attempts to minimize number of steps students need to take between dorm and class. I am not aware of any college doing that. On the other hand, maybe we need to make them take more steps. ;)
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

I know that the music and theater students have mostly been in Corbin Hall...close to Browne, Sallee, Simpkins, and the marching band practice field.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
wiu712

Tere North wrote:Tanner students eat in the Bay/Hen dining center. It is complete.
The Bayliss-Henninger Dining Center has limited hours of operation featuring dinner only (no breakfast or lunch).

Hours of Operation
Sunday - Thursday
Dinner 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm

Pizza & Wing Pick-Up
Sunday - Saturday
7:00 pm - 11:00 pm

The other two dining centers (Thompson and Corbin-Olson) offer breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Tere North

wiu712 wrote:
The Bayliss-Henninger Dining Center has limited hours of operation featuring dinner only (no breakfast or lunch).

Hours of Operation
Sunday - Thursday
Dinner 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm

Pizza & Wing Pick-Up
Sunday - Saturday
7:00 pm - 11:00 pm

The other two dining centers (Thompson and Corbin-Olson) offer breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Wow, Sodexho has really cut back. What's the point of living in the halls if there's no food. I can see maybe not lunch if you figure everyone will eat elsewhere, but no breakfast - that's way bad.

And I see now they've moved the freshmen back to Bay-Henn and Tanner. That makes dinner only that much worse. OK frosh, welcome to your first time away from home, oh, and by the way, we'll only feed you once a day. Is this Western's way of preventing the Freshman 15 weight gain? :cry: