Transfer Severs

Miscellaneous discussions. Things that don't have anything to do with Western, Leatherneck Athletics, college sports in general, etc.
LeatherCy

Talked to Nick's mom today. As she said "He's hung up his helmet.", lost 60 lbs already with no training table! :) He's also been accepted to grad school in criminal justice. And get this, he's applied at the Macomb Police Dept! I told his mom if he gets hired he'll have to put up with the hoodlums Jackie Thomas has welcomed to campus the past few years!

On another note, Scottie Schaffner 6'4", 235 lbs RS FR TE from Kansas City is transferring from Iowa State. ISU brought in three TE's this Spring. One is a juco and is on campus practicing now and will most likely be the starter. Scottie was ranked by ESPN as the #21 TE in the U.S. and #15 player in the state of MO when he graduated. I called Coach Fisher this morning giving him the same info.
huskie

LeatherCy wrote:Talked to Nick's mom today. As she said "He's hung up his helmet.", lost 60 lbs already with no training table! :) He's also been accepted to grad school in criminal justice. And get this, he's applied at the Macomb Police Dept! I told his mom if he gets hired he'll have to put up with the hoodlums Jackie Thomas has welcomed to campus the past few years!

On another note, Scottie Schaffner 6'4", 235 lbs RS FR TE from Kansas City is transferring from Iowa State. ISU brought in three TE's this Spring. One is a juco and is on campus practicing now and will most likely be the starter. Scottie was ranked by ESPN as the #21 TE in the U.S. and #15 player in the state of MO when he graduated. I called Coach Fisher this morning giving him the same info.
Scottie Schaffner has signed to play with Missouri State back on April 16.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Two quick updates to the Severs thing...but at this point, not related to football or athletics, but for anyone following his "story", you might be interested.

1. I moved this topic to "Random Chat" since Nick Severs is done playing football (as was previously mentioned).
2. What prompted me to bring this up in the first place is that I saw something on Facebook that reminded me about him. So, when last we heard, he was applying to the Macomb Police Department and attending Western. Well, he apparently got the job with the MPD, because he was stopping by Lincoln Elementary School today to do meet and greet/community outreach thing...
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
rocki

I missed this the other day.

Glad to know he'll be working "at home". I think he'll do well here - especially with kids, knowing he is a "hometown guy". For younger ones, anyway, it makes relating to him easier.