Transfer Severs

Miscellaneous discussions. Things that don't have anything to do with Western, Leatherneck Athletics, college sports in general, etc.
Leatherneck57

huskie wrote:Anybody hear anything coming out of last nights football meeting? Did we pick up any transfers?
Some current players have sent me messages that all the players like the new staff and can't wait to get to work. The tweets I've seen are all positive.

Coach Fisher said everyone is going to be all in or your welcome to leave. He said this team is built to win but it's time to take the next step!

All positive stuff! Get ready to win!
huskie

Thanks for the update.
LeatherCy

Learned today from family member Nick is enrolled at WIU but has not heard a word from the FB staff! I emailed Coach Fisher then called the FB office. I reached a VM and it was Coach Nielson on the VM!! I then called Michael Jones and told him about Nick and what I had just experienced. Michael was surprised no one had contacted Nick, especially since he had seen him with Brett Taylor in Western Hall. Michael was going to walk over to the FB office and see what was going on.
loyalfan

Smh......
Lynx

Just because Michael Jones doesn't know what's going on doesn't me the football staff doesn't. Maybe Taylor was showing Severs the ropes and introducing him to teammates and coaches the day they saw them together. I guessing Nick Severs is going to be our new secret STAR, the team needs more ex-Bombers after all.
ibleedpurpleandgold

Lynx wrote:Just because Michael Jones doesn't know what's going on doesn't me the football staff doesn't. Maybe Taylor was showing Severs the ropes and introducing him to teammates and coaches the day they saw them together. I guessing Nick Severs is going to be our new secret STAR, the team needs more ex-Bombers after all.
most of the staff has not been in macomb more than a couple of days maybe they asked brett to show him around
vatusay

Sounds like all of the coaches are out on the recruiting trail. Remember they are trying to pack months of work into a few weeks being a new staff/program.

I doubt a kid from Macomb that played at ISU and transferred back is going to go unnoticed. Plus one of his good buddies is on the team.

Gooooozfraba
#ALLIN #YOLO
LeatherCy

My point was NO ONE on the new staff has contacted Nick yet about being on the team. If NDSU calls within minutes of receiving word he is leaving Iowa State then WIU should at least be in contact. I hope they so soon.
ibleedpurpleandgold

LeatherCy wrote:My point was NO ONE on the new staff has contacted Nick yet about being on the team. If NDSU calls within minutes of receiving word he is leaving Iowa State then WIU should at least be in contact. I hope they so soon.
O-line isn't a top priority and like previously mentioned we don't even know if he wants to play anymore.
vatusay

i understand. This is a whole new staff that isn't even officially complete yet. Was the staff put together when he decided to transfer? Had fisher been hired when he actually transferred? Asking as I do not know.

I would think that if fisher new anything about him he would have made a call. Remember, he probably did zero recruiting in this area while at Richmond. I doubt he knows him from the next guy on the street. I'm sure severs was on NDSUs radar since high school so they have kept much closer tabs on him.
#ALLIN #YOLO