Transfer Severs

Miscellaneous discussions. Things that don't have anything to do with Western, Leatherneck Athletics, college sports in general, etc.
Lynx

Any chance now that the second best player in Macomb history behind Phil Bradley has left the football program at Iowa State transfers to WIU and plays? Imagine the impact that kid would have on the WIU offensive line. Severs equals championships!
Last edited by Lynx on Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

We've talked about it some over in the recruiting thread. http://www.leathernecknation.net/forum/ ... 8907#p8907

Essentially, it sounds like he is looking for a school that will help him get further along his career path. Supposedly looking at schools that have Law Enforcement/Criminal Justice grad programs (which, of course, Western does). He's also apparently received an offer from NDSU within an hour of news coming out that he leaving ISU (NDSU also has a Criminal Justice grad program).

I believe he was good friends with Brett Taylor when they were at Macomb together, and his family is still in town (his grandfather founded Farm King and his family still owns and runs it).

Hopefully the quality of the LEJA program (since it sounds like that's his focus), the fact that Macomb is "home", and maybe some pull from Brett will get him to come here.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
rocki

Lynx wrote:Any chance now that the second best player in Macomb history behind Phil Brady has left the football program at Iowa State transfers to WIU and plays? Imagine the impact that kid would have on the WIU offensive line. Severs equals championships!
I'm guessing you're referring to Phil Bradley??????
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

rocki wrote:
Lynx wrote:Any chance now that the second best player in Macomb history behind Phil Brady has left the football program at Iowa State transfers to WIU and plays? Imagine the impact that kid would have on the WIU offensive line. Severs equals championships!
I'm guessing you're referring to Phil Bradley??????
That was my assumption: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Bradley
We haven't really had a lot of players get to the pro level in much of anything.
Bradley in baseball, Red Miller in the football coaching arena. I kinda thought that Ryle Irish (DB back in the early '00s) might have had a shot in the NFL, but I guess wasn't quite good enough or decided that football wasn't what he wanted to do in his future (he's actually a model and musician in Chicago and New York now).

We also had a guy who was a year behind me in HS who got offers from a bunch of Big 10 schools, lots of potential but didn't have the grades to make it.

Severs was a phenomenal player in HS and could still be a very good one in college (likely not pro level, but still very good).
rocki

My reply doesn't make much sense now, as the original post named "Phil Brady" - to which I responded with the name of Phil Bradley.

Phil actually got more out of his baseball than football, but yes, he did play professionally. If I remember correctly, he attended Mizzou.
BL@R

Lynx wrote:Any chance now that the second best player in Macomb history behind Phil Bradley has left the football program at Iowa State transfers to WIU and plays? Imagine the impact that kid would have on the WIU offensive line. Severs equals championships!
I say bring in as many big talented players as we can find. People of Macomb, drop him a note of encouragement.
letsgonecks

There's a Nicholas Adam Severs in the Student Directory, Law Enforcement. I know he was accepted, but this would mean he's enrolled....correct and assuming the Nick Severs we're talking about is the same.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

letsgonecks wrote:There's a Nicholas Adam Severs in the Student Directory, Law Enforcement. I know he was accepted, but this would mean he's enrolled....correct and assuming the Nick Severs we're talking about is the same.
I would assume so, although I was under the impression he was going to finish the semester at ISU and then transfer wherever over the summer.

Also, I've heard that he was considering just not playing football anymore to focus on his education.

If that is the same Nick Severs, then I think being enrolled in Spring is a good sign that points towards him playing football here. If he was going to stop playing, he likely would have waited to transfer during the summer, then go somewhere. If he does plan to play football, transferring before Spring means he can participate in Spring practices and be just that much more ready for next season.

So, sounds promising, but I'll wait on confirmation before celebrating ;)
huskie

Anybody hear anything coming out of last nights football meeting? Did we pick up any transfers?