For fun

Miscellaneous discussions. Things that don't have anything to do with Western, Leatherneck Athletics, college sports in general, etc.
leatherface

With so many negatives around, how about this-
Who would win in a fist fight between:

Rauner and Madigan- I believe Madigan. I think he knows secret punches

Trump and Cruz- I believe Cruz. While both seem to have pent up hostilities, I think Cruz is actually meaner

Coach Fischer and Nielsen- No brainer, Fischer in one punch

Bernie and Hillary- I believe Hillary. Bernie's stamina might give out

Bush and Rubio- A draw.No real solid punches

Coach K and Bill Self- I believe Coach K. Too much experience in the trenches

Dr. Phil and Nancy Grace- Nancy in a hard fought match. Phil's bigger, but, I think she is too crafty

The Pope and Franklin Graham- Gotta go with the Pope.

None of my above predictions is related to any political leanings on my part, and are intended for entertainment purposes only.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Rauner and Madigan - both beat each other within an inch of their lives, both lose and have to step down from office to recover, Illinois wins

Trump and Cruz - Hard to say, but I feel like Cruz's upbringing would make him a bit scrappier than Trump. Probably Cruz.

Coach Fischer and Nielsen - Fischer...definitely

Bernie and Hillary - Bernie used to be a very good distance runner, grew up in Brooklyn and has an older brother (so he probably knows how to fight)...Hillary is 6 years younger than him, but doesn't have quite the athletic background, grew up in Park Ridge, IL, and had two younger brothers. I think that gives the edge to Bernie.

Bush and Rubio - Rubio grew up in Miami, has two older siblings, played NAIA college football (on a scholarship) for a year and works out daily. Bush has siblings including an older brother (duh), but grew up what looks to be a pretty privileged childhood. Bush did play college tennis at Texas for a year. I think Rubio has the advantage here.

Coach K and Bill Self - Self played basketball in college then went into coaching. Coach K played ball at Army, then served in the Army for 5 years before going into coaching. Gonna have to go with Coach K's army training on this one.

Dr. Phil and Nancy Grace - Nancy studied english and law in college, went into law, then eventually broadcasting. Phil played high school football (at Shawnee Mission North HS in KS...same HS as our own O-Lineman Andrew Nichols) then middle linebacker for the University of Tulsa. Nancy may be crafty, but I don't think she can get around a guy who played D1 football. Dr. Phil wins this round.

The Pope and Franklin Graham - definitely in agreement with you on this one...apparently Pope Francis worked as a bar bouncer for a while before he entered the priesthood. He's also spent a lot of time in the streets of Buenos Aires helping the poor. I'd imagine that he had to get himself out of a few tough situations in his time...although it's probably much more likely that he talked his way out of most of them than doing any actual punching. I still think he'd win in a fight.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000