My office is moving...again

Miscellaneous discussions. Things that don't have anything to do with Western, Leatherneck Athletics, college sports in general, etc.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

One of the things that uTech is doing to save money is consolidating offices that do similar/related operations. For example, ESS (Electronic Student Services) has people who do much the same things that the regular uTech people do...like, they have a webmaster specific to Student Services. ESS was reorganized to be part of uTech a year or so ago, and we're now adding the ESS Webmaster to my office (Web Services). We don't, however, have room in our current office for another person, so we're moving. This will be the second time I've moved offices in the last 7 months (moving from DPS to Web Services)....but, on the plus side, I'll have my own office with a door (rather than a cubicle or just a desk in the corner), but the best part...windows....and this is my view:

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Tere North

Seal Hall, Scott??
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Tere North wrote:Seal Hall, Scott??
Yup, 3rd floor. We've got 2 south-facing offices and one north-facing office. One of my co-workers requested a south-facing so she could get more sun/warmth, and the other didn't care where he was, so I requested the north office so I could see the football stadium every day :D
Tere North

I bet you like your new digs. I remember being involved in the layout/furniture design of HH88 when Web Services came into existence. Then uTech moved me from there to the Library, where I initially lived in a research cubicle before the move to "back into the closet," literally what had been a storage closet in the admin office.
sealhall74

I was on 3rd floor west side (Seal 6, the "Sixpackers" as I recall, still might have my floor shirt buried away in some drawer). Are the individual rooms all still intact or have they opened the floors up to be more office friendly?
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote:I was on 3rd floor west side (Seal 6, the "Sixpackers" as I recall, still might have my floor shirt buried away in some drawer). Are the individual rooms all still intact or have they opened the floors up to be more office friendly?
I'll be 3rd floor on the east side. For the most part, the individual rooms are all still there. My office really just looks like a dorm room that they took all the stuff out of and maybe put up a fresh coat of paint and some newer carpet.

It's not a great photo, but here's what my office looks like currently, pre-move (it is rectangular, it's just a bit distorted since I used the panoramic feature to fit it all in):

BobLovely

No bolsters? Ha! Scott you can "spy" on the goings on at Hanson Field...

Bob
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

BobLovely wrote:Scott you can "spy" on the goings on at Hanson Field...
That's the idea. I'll be able to look out my window and see some of the practices and stuff.
BobLovely

ST_Lawson wrote:
That's the idea. I'll be able to look out my window and see some of the practices and stuff.
And, report here of course...

Bob
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

BobLovely wrote:
ST_Lawson wrote:
And, report here of course...

Bob
Absolutely