Forum Upgrade + New Template

Forum info, updates, discussion. If you have a request for something you want to see on the forum, feel free to bring it up here.
leatherneckcountry

Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:32 pm

so i noticed the page goes directly to the forum instead of the page with the latest WIU articles.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:36 pm

leatherneckcountry wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:32 pm
so i noticed the page goes directly to the forum instead of the page with the latest WIU articles.
That's temporary. I had to re-write the code for the front page because it broke when the update went through. It's getting there, but there's a weird overlap with a couple of the right side columns on certain screen sizes that I'm having trouble getting worked out.
You can view the page in it's current (not 100% working) state here: http://www.leathernecknation.net/index_old_2018.php

Once I get it all worked out, I'll re-enable the "front page" again.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:08 pm

I set up the front page again. Currently there's not a real obvious link to the message board though (I'm working on that), but I added a "Message Board" link on the left side below the header that you can click on to get to the forum. Still a work in progress, but I wanted you guys to know.
sealhall74

Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:12 am

ST, my Chrome automatic login form values for user and password are not showing up any more and I am not getting prompted to save them.. I assume related to your recent change. I think we saw this before. Might be related to HTTP vs HTTPS.
If Jimmy V was a programmer like me, he would have said it like this: while (!(succeed = try()));
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:16 am

sealhall74 wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:12 am
ST, my Chrome automatic login form values for user and password are not showing up any more and I am not getting prompted to save them.. I assume related to your recent change. I think we saw this before. Might be related to HTTP vs HTTPS.
Yes, that's the issue. The front page was referencing an image that was at a http address and since one item on the page wasn't secure, none of it was secure. I changed it to a https address and it looks like it should work now. At least, it's giving me the green padlock on my browser, and usually that means that you're good to go with your login stuff.