Is is possible to ....

Forum info, updates, discussion. If you have a request for something you want to see on the forum, feel free to bring it up here.
Tere North

Is it possible to have them menu button next to the home button include Forums at the top so you can get back to the full forums list directly rather than either selecting a forum or going to a page where you then have to select forums?
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Well, it's not exactly what you're asking for, but hopefully it's an acceptable solution.

I have changed it so that when you click on the image/site name at the top of the page, it takes you back to the actual front page (with the news, schedule, links, etc.). However, when you click on the little house icon, it now takes you to the front page of the forum itself (http://www.leathernecknation.net/forum/), which I think does what you were wanting.

Hopefully that works for you (and everyone else).
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Tere North

Yes, now the "house" takes me home to the home of the forums. Thanks Scott.
sealhall74

Seems like we need a little "change of pace on the lighter side" so I was going to throw up a poll to see how many people are running the Old Stompin' Ground Run Around on Saturday. Is that feature not available?
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Yup, you can still make a poll.
When you go to "Post a new topic"...in the lower section, there are tabs that say "Options", "Upload attachment", and "Poll creation"

Click on the Poll creation tab and you should be able to set it up there.

Let me know if it's not showing up for you or if you have any problems with it.
sealhall74

... get the important RSS feed data for each forum turned into a word cloud? This would give a user sort of a "thumbnail" view of topics and key people currently being talked about for a given forum. If it is possible (I realize this might not be doable in "real time" but would have to be done during the wee hours of the night), then putting an icon right next to the RSS feed icon could lead the user to the current word cloud. Just as an example, I manually created (I first removed statistic and user info) a word cloud for the football forum:

Seems like this feature could be very useful for new users and others who dont want to waste their time reading uninteresting stuff.
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote:... get the important RSS feed data for each forum turned into a word cloud? This would give a user sort of a "thumbnail" view of topics and key people currently being talked about for a given forum. If it is possible (I realize this might not be doable in "real time" but would have to be done during the wee hours of the night), then putting an icon right next to the RSS feed icon could lead the user to the current word cloud. Just as an example, I manually created (I first removed statistic and user info) a word cloud for the football forum:

Seems like this feature could be very useful for new users and others who dont want to waste their time reading uninteresting stuff.
I'll see what I can do. Might be able to find a wordcloud plugin for phpbb...we'll see.