Live Chat

Forum info, updates, discussion. If you have a request for something you want to see on the forum, feel free to bring it up here.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Ok folks, I'm ready to test out the live chat function, with the intent that we can have conversations there as events are going on.
I'll be on the page for the next hour (until ~4:30 PM Central), and then I'll have it up much of tomorrow. Drop by, post a few things, say hi, let me know if it's working ok for you or if it sucks and you want to go with a different chat system.
Anyway, let me know what you think: http://www.leathernecknation.net/forum/mchat.php
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
WIU0812

Is there going to be a link somewhere else or is this the main link for now? Would be awesome if at game time it would like pop up above the news feed on main front page and would have a link to gameday chat. Would be even more awesome if it had a play by play that showed up from the goleathernecks site on one side of it though that kind of feature is most likely wishful thinking and would be a ways down road.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

WIU0812 wrote:Is there going to be a link somewhere else or is this the main link for now? Would be awesome if at game time it would like pop up above the news feed on main front page and would have a link to gameday chat. Would be even more awesome if it had a play by play that showed up from the goleathernecks site on one side of it though that kind of feature is most likely wishful thinking and would be a ways down road.
Yes...that would be awesome...it's not going to happen in the near future, but it would be awesome. Not sure how that would even work...someone would have to write the content for it and keep it updated. I can do some of that, at least for this game, although I figure I'll just post it into the chat box. That being said, I have two young kids, so it's entirely possible I could be pulled away from the computer for chunks of time during the game and not be able to keep things updated all the time.

I plan on posting the link in the game thread too, but remember, this weekend is a trial run. I have no idea how this'll work when people (other than 2-3 at a time) are using it. So just keep that in mind as we're using it. If it works well this weekend, it'll earn a permanent link on the front page and at the top of the site.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000