Hoops Pick'em

Forum info, updates, discussion. If you have a request for something you want to see on the forum, feel free to bring it up here.
sealhall74

Next week, I will be opening up the Summit League Hoops Pick'em contest. I would also like to have a Survivor Contest similar to the one I had for MVFC football. However, I have not come up with a good survival criteria to use. For football, it was simple. Eight weeks of conference games, eight teams to pick from, pick a winning team for the week knowing that you cannot pick that same team any week in the future. Hoops is a little more complicated with both men and women games going on, two games each per week, etc. Any thoughts?

The best option IMO that I see right now is to pick a school each week that will win at least 2 (?) games combined between men and women. The schedule is unbalanced so some weeks a school may have only 2 games total, other weeks 3, and sometimes 4. That makes the game much more challenging for sure.
Embrace the pace of the race.
sealhall74

Leatherneck Nation, here we go for 2015. The only changes from last year are the addition of Oral Roberts to the Summit League and a new "Nine on the Line" Survivor Contest (make sure you read the caveat on the home sheet). No cost to play. Each weekly winner gets $25 BWW/other e-gift certificate, regular season winner $50, survivor contest winner $50, and Summit League Tournament winner will receive $50 + $10 for each week played during the regular season. Everyone must register as a new player. Good luck to all!

Here is the link to contest home sheet:

ST, can we get another Pick'Em click at the top? Technically, the football one is still active until after the FCS championship game.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Roundball Roulette links added. Sorry it took a while..busy with the holidays (and being sick).
I'll be sure to take down the football one after the 10th.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

New Pigskin Pick'em coming along nicely. If a couple of people from here would like be Beta testers, that would be cool. You will be rewarded. Send me a PM if interested. Lots of new things this year. More gift card sources, referral rewards, "sidebets" which allow you to use your picks in fun and somewhat mentally challenging ways [e.g. Pick Tac Toe, Stadium Peak (Where's Waldo), Acey Deucey, Slices of Pi (something only a math lover would go for), Pick Plinko, ...].

Currently set to Week 6 of upcoming season while testing (the sidebet is "Triple Option") if you want to get a sneak peak. Feel free to login as Guest (no password needed) and click around. I don't think you can break anything important so just click away.

sealhall74

Summit League action kicks off this week (Wednesday 12/30) and Roundball Roulette is back again for your pick'em picking pleasure. Weekly winners get $25 e-gift certificate. Regular season winners (1st, 2nd, and 3rd) receive $100, $75, and $50 certificates, respectively. Tournament Bracket Buster contest will pay $50 + $10 for each week played during regular season. Survivor contest starts week 2 and will also pay $50. I might sneak in another sidebet contest or two during the regular season. May the new year bring health and happiness to you and yours. Good Luck!

Chuck (aka sealhall74)
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Sorry, meant to post the links last week but it slipped my mind.
I've updated the menu on the left side of the front page, as well as the buttons near the top of the page to have the Roundball Roulette link for this season.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

ST_Lawson wrote:Sorry, meant to post the links last week but it slipped my mind.
I've updated the menu on the left side of the front page, as well as the buttons near the top of the page to have the Roundball Roulette link for this season.
Thanks ST. BTW, I just sent off the winnings for the Pigskin FCS Playoff contest. Winner was a Bison Dad (#73). Needless to say, he had a good weekend in Frisco as did I.

Never too late to get in the Roundball game. The more you play, the bigger your potential payoff come tournament time.
sealhall74

Summit League Hoops Pick'em (aka Roundball Roulette) is back again this year. Pretty much the same as in previous years. Weekly, regular season, and conference tournament rewards as usual. Only thing new is the conference preseason poll sidebet. Click on the "Register/Submit Predictions" link on this page to get started.