Athletics Calendar

Forum info, updates, discussion. If you have a request for something you want to see on the forum, feel free to bring it up here.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

So, I'm working with the athletic events calendar a bit and decided to set up a full page for the calendar. You can get to it from the top menu on all pages, left menu on the front page, or the calendar icon in the corner of the Schedule section on the front page (it's here, if you want to go take a look now: http://www.leathernecknation.net/calendar.php). Essentially it's just an embedded Google Calendar that pulls from the athletics event feed. Shows quite a bit of info though.

I'm planning on keeping the basic upcoming events calendar on the front page, although there is some kind of glitch going on with it right now. It's showing a couple of events at the top that are not correct (a swimming/diving meet on 1/23 that goes to a track meet event, and a basketball game on 1/29 that is listed as a loss, even though it won't be played for another 2 months). I'm still trying to figure out what's going on with that and why it's showing those couple of odd events.

I also removed the links to the live chat. Seemed like it was pretty rarely used and I almost never remember it when there's a game going on anyway. I can reinstate it later if there is a strong need/desire for it, but it just doesn't get used all that much.

Let me know what you think. Thanks.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000