Coach Fisher

Athletics Department, Facilities, etc.
BrianMacHEROSPORTS

Had a great talk with Coach Fisher yesterday. Incredibly approachable, and everybody knows the resume. His offense at Richmond was incredible and when we talked to Coach Rocco with the Spiders last week, he praised coach Fisher - and of course Rocco's son David is now on staff at WIU.

With that lineup returning, those playmakers in the receiving corps, two incredibly capable quarterbacks, on and on and on. Looking good in Macomb. Obviously your first three games are challenging with an FCS playoff team matchup with Eastern, one of the biggest darkhorse candidates to explode in NAU and MAC runner up NIU. But on the flip side, all three of those are tough, yet winnable. If you guys emerge 3-0 from that early season gauntlet, heading into the MVFC. Well, that's incredibly possible isn't it?

I'll have a full Q-and-A published on Tuesday for MVFC media days, along with the all-conference teams and the coach's poll.

Scott -- if it's OK I'd love to post the link on your page Tuesday morning. Coach Fisher will be our featured coach for the MVFC.
Hi, I'm Brian McLaughlin, the FCS senior writer for HERO Sports.
Connect with me on Twitter @BrianMacWriter
rocki

Looking forward to seeing the write-up!!! As you can tell, we are pretty enthusiastic here as well. :D
BrianMacHEROSPORTS

Not surprised in the least. Making the playoffs out of the MVFC is like surviving Parris Island -- which should be especially pertinent with you guys. Coach and I talked about the Leatherneck mascot, just like I talked the 'fear of the spider' with Rocco.
Hi, I'm Brian McLaughlin, the FCS senior writer for HERO Sports.
Connect with me on Twitter @BrianMacWriter
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

BrianMacHEROSPORTS wrote:Scott -- if it's OK I'd love to post the link on your page Tuesday morning. Coach Fisher will be our featured coach for the MVFC.
Go for it. More content about Western Athletics is always welcome here.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

BrianMacHEROSPORTS wrote:Not surprised in the least. Making the playoffs out of the MVFC is like surviving Parris Island -- which should be especially pertinent with you guys. Coach and I talked about the Leatherneck mascot, just like I talked the 'fear of the spider' with Rocco.
I would like nothing more in life than to see a small replica of the Iwo Jima Memorial somewhere in the environs of Hanson Field and the finish line for the annual Fallen Soldiers 5K (FS5K) right in front of it. God willing, I will be running my first FS5K this October.
Last edited by sealhall74 on Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Embrace the pace of the race.
necknerd

read the previous posts and could not help thinking of this Tom Hanks classic--
wiu712

New football promotional video: "Win At All Costs"
sealhall74

wiu712 wrote:New football promotional video: "Win At All Costs"
Nice hype video. I kind of prefer winning with "obsessive attention to detail" but that would be a too boring catch phrase. I know there is a tendency for the butt to come up as the back arch increases on the max-out bench presses, but got to keep it down guys. The bench is there for a reason. If you make it to the NFL Combine, butt will definitely need to remain on bench.
Embrace the pace of the race.