Pep Band for the Women's NCAA Tournament 1st Round Game

Athletics Department, Facilities, etc.
WIUSuperFan

I will be at the NCAA Tournament! I'm just ready to find out where. Unfortunately I cannot wear the #33 jersey as we'll be wearing polos and need to be uniform. I do however plan to bring the jersey still and hang it on my stand with clothes pins!
Devin Biggs
BS, Meteorology (2017)
Alumnus of Western Illinois University
Email: dm-biggs@wiu.edu
wiu712

WIUSuperFan wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:40 pmI will be at the NCAA Tournament!
Great news! We need to keep the energy going! :D
sealhall74

Columbus, OH or closer and I will be there. If I am in attendance, I am going to pick Matt Tanney's brain while I am there and lobby for a Leatherneck Superfan Hall of Fame display. I think we have our inaugural member in the house right now. Who remembers "Mr. H". Also deserving of permanent recognition. You have to build up the culture one fan at a time.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

sealhall74 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:55 amWho remembers "Mr. H".
I remember Mr H! He was a Super Fan. I think that he was on the Rugby team. And they were a loud group at the games in those days.

He was honored during the last home game of his senior year by Athletic Director Tim Van Alstine during one of the time-outs. I think that he was given a life-time season ticket for Western basketball.
sealhall74

wiu712 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:05 am
sealhall74 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:55 amWho remembers "Mr. H".
I remember Mr H! He was a Super Fan. I think that he was on the Rugby team. And they were a loud group at the games in those days.

He was honored during the last home game of his senior year by Athletic Director Tim Van Alstine during one of the time-outs. I think that he was given a life-time season ticket for Western basketball.
I found this picture of Mr. H on a Golden Grizzlies blog somewhere out on the interweb. The picture included as part of an interview they did with him.

http://grizzliesgameplan.blogspot.com/2 ... chive.html

Embrace the pace of the race.
meganeck

The latest brackets from Charlie Creme of ESPN has WIU as a 12 seed facing NC State in LA. With UCLA the 4 seed as the host.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

meganeck wrote:The latest brackets from Charlie Creme of ESPN has WIU as a 12 seed facing NC State in LA. With UCLA the 4 seed as the host.
That'd be cool. Never really been to LA before. San Diego and Palm Springs, but only around the fringes of LA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000