New Speakers in Western Hall

Athletics Department, Facilities, etc.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Hopefully that means we'll actually be able to hear the announcer and stuff now (idk about the regular seating areas, but on the ends, you can't hear anything).

[tweet][/tweet]
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

Nice improvement. Just a question from a guy who always has at least one. ;) Would Western Hall also benefit from acoustical panels on the walls and suspended form the rafters or would they put too much of a damper on the echoes and reverberations which fans really want to hear?
Embrace the pace of the race.
leatherneckcountry

2 yrs ago i could hear it just fine but last year you couldn't hear anything i thought it was cause it was a new guy i always set right behind our bench.
Neckfansince71

Matt told me on Monday that the whole system went dead just after the women's game where they clinched the regular season title. JD grabbed the mike and got nothing which led to a lot of scrabbling to get it working for the men's game that followed. Its pretty old stuff. At the game I attended early in the year it just sounded like "Charlie Brown's" teacher the whole night. Wawawawa! the new one's are really nice and more compact.:o jc