Student Athlete Facilities!

Athletics Department, Facilities, etc.
Neckfansince71

A good interview with Matt Tanney in the Voice. He is all about facilities, especially the ones that have everything to do with a student athlete's experience. Up grades to the volleyball and football locker-rooms are complete, still gathering funds for baseball, the swimmers will be getting their special place, softball locker-room updates, and soccer men too! The track and field team got there own space last fall too. The training areas in both Western Hall and Brophy will also be getting a face lift courtesy of NCAA support for D1 athletics. New sound system in what I would call, a classy Western Hall ala the Leatherneck Club. The state budget may have been at a stalemate, but Matt Tanney continues to move WIU athletics in the right direction! I think WIU is really poised to have very good teams for 2017/2018. Men's soccer, football, women's basketball, and softball could win conference championships. The rest of the teams could show marked improvement ala men's basketball, women's soccer, and volleyball. Of course, this is just my opinion! But I have my ear to the "rails" and things are definitely moving along. Oh, men's track and field had a commitment from a Minnesota athlete that finished 2nd in the 200 and 9th in the 100 at their state meet. He can also run the 400. Thoughts? Questions? ;) jc
meganeck

When they had the online fundraiser.. softball said they were raising money for a hitting area/cages, I believe. JC do you know how that is coming?
Neckfansince71

Asked that question at the "All Leatherneck" GO! They are right now getting bids for the concrete pallet/base! Dugouts have received much needed maintenance. Really need to be replaced but the cost means that it can wait. New pad purchased for behind the plate. ;) jc
meganeck

Neckfansince71 wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:12 am Asked that question at the "All Leatherneck" GO! They are right now getting bids for the concrete pallet/base! Dugouts have received much needed maintenance. Really need to be replaced but the cost means that it can wait. New pad purchased for behind the plate. ;) jc
thanks