FCS Playoff Selection

Athletics Department, Facilities, etc.
wiu712

GV Dad wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:49 amSo once again, the NCAA is all about the $$$$. What a joke.
Scott Kornberg shared the same opinion yesterday during the football post-game show. He used the word "greed".

There is a "400 mile" rule for the first round. But you also cannot play a conference rival if you have met during the regular season. So that would exclude Northern Iowa.

Still hard to see UNI get a home game with a 7-4 record while we do not with an 8-3 record. Northern Arizona is also hosting a first-round game.

Last edited by wiu712 on Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

rocki wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:56 am I think that's one reason people were hoping for us to be seeded. We'd have had a bye week, and our first game would then have been at Hanson Field. You win some, you lose some. I think the players would tell you they're happy to be able to continue in the post season, regardless of where it is; so my thoughts that it kinda stinks not to have the game here doesn't really matter for much. :)
Well, you could tell they were kinda disappointed to not have a first round bye or home game. Pretty much sets up so that the only home game we could possibly have is in the semifinals, if UNI makes it through Monmouth (not College...the guys out in NJ), South Dakota State, then probably Central Arkansas, and we beat Weber State, Southern Utah, and then likely James Madison. Then if we outbid UNI, we could host, but that's A LOT of "what if's".
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

If you have a dome to host with, you can up your bid quite a bit. Turnout boils down to marketing not weather. Weather in Ogden is looking favorable with temps in mid 50s.
Embrace the pace of the race.
GV Dad

It is BS, with as much money as the NCAA makes, they would hold teams hostage for bids for home games they earned.
LeatherCy

UNI has some well heeled donors. They set another record for their Panther Scholarship Club membership this year. I think it something like $1.3 million and over a thousand donors. Not sure how he got the figure but a UNI donor told me last night they bid $55,000 for each round,