Tanney leaving to become AD at Wabash College

Athletics Department, Facilities, etc.
wiu712

leatherneckcountry wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 11:20 am Never realized Wabash is only a Mens College.
Wabash is one of only three remaining traditional, all-male liberal arts colleges in the country.
leatherneckcountry

Well I did say there really aren't any good candidates but really Lisa and Michael are the only 2 and Jones is way underqualified so that really just leaves her and she has seen the department in the good and the bad.
sealhall74

wiu712 wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 12:19 pm
leatherneckcountry wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 11:20 am Never realized Wabash is only a Mens College.
Wabash is one of only three remaining traditional, all-male liberal arts colleges in the country.
Hence the need for their Gender Studies minor. That and Latin will take you places in life. :lol:
Embrace the pace of the race.
Tere North

leatherneckcountry wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 12:24 pm Well I did say there really aren't any good candidates but really Lisa and Michael are the only 2 and Jones is way underqualified so that really just leaves her and she has seen the department in the good and the bad.
Seen it, sure, but can lead it??? Leaving wasn't exactly her choice.
Lisa Melz-Jennings

Tere,

As one who has never posted on this site, I felt compelled to set the record straight since you felt it was necessary to spread false information.

In addition to spending 18 years in the department, I led the department as the interim AD after Van Alstine was ousted and until Tommy Bell was hired. Just the assistant AD/SWA at the time, I was selected over Associate AD Matt Tanney to take the helm for those few months. Trust me when I say I didn’t just sit in the chair and look at the walls.

I served as the Senior Woman Administrator for 8+ years after the departure of Kathy Orban, my mentor, in addition to being the sport administrator for several of our teams. I also served on the NCAA Committee on Academic Performance, one of the highest committees within the NCAA structure. The success of athletic academic services under my leadership speaks for itself.

For the record, I applied for, and was selected to be the first Academic Success Coach at WIU last summer. I left for a new challenge; I wanted to help other WIU students achieve their academic potential. Choosing to leave the comfort and success of my post in athletic academic services was the most difficult professional decision I’ve ever made, but it was definitely the right choice.

In conclusion, I’m not sure where you’re getting your information, but you have a poor source. My hope is that this will serve as a lesson to stop and reflect before you pass on fake news. It’s time for people to stand up to it. You can pretend that everyone needs to know your opinion on everything and type whatever you want on message boards and question other peoples’ abilities to lead; however, don’t pass off lies as though they are facts.
leatherneckcountry

Hopefully whoever gets the gig gets rid of the new website and brings back the old one.
sealhall74

leatherneckcountry wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 9:15 pm Hopefully whoever gets the gig gets rid of the new website and brings back the old one.
My only knitpick with new site is that sorting does not work on the gridview of team rosters. I find that a rather useful feature at times. My only advice to the future acting/interim/permanent AD is very much related: The devil is always in the details, e.g. things like sorting on web pages and keeping the hot dogs hot in the concession stand really do matter.
Embrace the pace of the race.
LocalFan

I hear Tommy Bell is available... ;)
Tere North

LocalFan wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 6:23 am I hear Tommy Bell is available... ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Tere North

Lisa Melz-Jennings wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 5:53 pm As one who has never posted on this site, I felt compelled to set the record straight facts.
Lisa,
My information came from current and past internal sources. My apologies if it was not correct.