Danielle Surprenant named Interim AD

Athletics Department, Facilities, etc.
Neckfansince71

No 712, it has got to be listed first. It's a combo job, coaching and golf course administration. And, a search and interview process must take place before the AD's position is filled. ;) jc
Tere North

Neckfansince71 wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:47 am A search and interview process must take place before the AD's position is filled. ;) jc
Not if they move an interim into the full position. That's what was done with Tanney as well as various jobs on campus outside of athletics.
GV Dad

Where are we at with the AD search? We really need to name a new one soon. Not that the Interim AD isn't doing OK, but need that Leadership right now to move things forward
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

GV Dad wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:13 pm Where are we at with the AD search? We really need to name a new one soon. Not that the Interim AD isn't doing OK, but need that Leadership right now to move things forward
I haven't heard anything yet and I don't see anything listed on the employment pages for WIU. Might be posted elsewhere, although the NCAA jobs site and some of the other sites I looked around at didn't seem to have anything listed. Idk if they're waiting on something to be able to post the search or what.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
leatherneckcountry

ST_Lawson wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:18 pm
GV Dad wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:13 pm Where are we at with the AD search? We really need to name a new one soon. Not that the Interim AD isn't doing OK, but need that Leadership right now to move things forward
I haven't heard anything yet and I don't see anything listed on the employment pages for WIU. Might be posted elsewhere, although the NCAA jobs site and some of the other sites I looked around at didn't seem to have anything listed. Idk if they're waiting on something to be able to post the search or what.
Tanney was interim for a long time so I doubt there in a hurry
Tere North

ST_Lawson wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:18 pm
My guess is that like with Taney, they will see how it goes for at least a few months. If they are happy, then I imagine Danielle will become permanent.