Purple & Gold Gala

Athletics Department, Facilities, etc.
Tere North

I wasn't able to attend this year. I'm a bit surprised I've heard nothing about it, either from FaceBook friends, here on Leatherneck Nation, or anywhere else.

Did anyone from Leatherneck Nation attend? Any feedback you have about the attendance and bidding fever?

~tere
wiu712

I have not seen any report on the Gala.

It was telecast on the University's Facebook page:
Tere North

Just listened to the live auction recording.

Live auction total was $27,550.
tjk1985

Tere North wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:49 pm I wasn't able to attend this year. I'm a bit surprised I've heard nothing about it, either from FaceBook friends, here on Leatherneck Nation, or anywhere else.

Did anyone from Leatherneck Nation attend? Any feedback you have about the attendance and bidding fever?

~tere
We did attend, though it was our first time, so unsure what to expect. I hear it was a bit down due to other things going on this year at same time (PGA in STL, young 'uns school starting, etc...). My wife and I had a lot of fun, and it seemed the bidding was just fine, though someone got a good bargain on a trip to Vegas for hoops tourney. Most everything else seemed to get bid up appropriately and we'll now know what to save up for the next few years! We did buy a $300 bulldog in the silent auction this year! : )
Tere North

tjk1985 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:28 am
Tere North wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:49 pm I wasn't able to attend this year. I'm a bit surprised I've heard nothing about it, either from FaceBook friends, here on Leatherneck Nation, or anywhere else.

~tere
We did attend, though it was our first time, so unsure what to expect. I hear it was a bit down due to other things going on this year at same time (PGA in STL, young 'uns school starting, etc...). My wife and I had a lot of fun, and it seemed the bidding was just fine, though someone got a good bargain on a trip to Vegas for hoops tourney. Most everything else seemed to get bid up appropriately and we'll now know what to save up for the next few years! We did buy a $300 bulldog in the silent auction this year! : )
Any idea how much the standing and saluting Marine Rocky went for. I really liked that one when I say a pix. Congrats on your purchase!
meganeck

~tere
Congrats on your purchase and thanks for attending and the update, that is a cool looking Bulldog.
tjk1985

Tere North wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:08 pm

~tere
Any idea how much the standing and saluting Marine Rocky went for. I really liked that one when I say a pix. Congrats on your purchase!

I THINK a little less than $300; maybe $250? I wanted that one, as well, but someone did the “buy it now” while I was eating for him. So, I did buy it now price for my second choice! : )