Homecoming Week

Athletics Department, Facilities, etc.
wiu712

Homecoming Week started today with the Cardboard Boat Regatta.

sealhall74

I still say cardboard is way too lame for 2018. We can do better than this. Get the Greeks and dorms to put some engineering effort into this with plastic bottles. A good boat can be re-used and tweaked from year to year.

Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

Homecoming is officially upon us.

From today's Western Courier:
https://westerncourier.com/41960/news/h ... y-upon-us/
wiu712

wiu712

Homecoming Pep Rally is tonight at Western Hall.

Looks like it will be a very cool Saturday. It will be in the 40's in the morning for the parade. And only in the upper 50's in the afternoon. Bring your coats!

Mostly cloudy in the afternoon. So the sun should not be a problem for those sitting on the east side.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

wiu712 wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:33 am Homecoming Pep Rally is tonight at Western Hall.

Looks like it will be a very cool Saturday. It will be in the 40's in the morning for the parade. And only in the upper 50's in the afternoon. Bring your coats!

Mostly cloudy in the afternoon. So the sun should not be a problem for those sitting on the east side.
If anything, you might want to have the sun on you if it's only going to be in the 50's.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
wiu712

Homecoming Royalty.

wiu712

Purple & Gold everywhere for Western Homecoming!

sealhall74

I am going to yank out the shrubs in front of my townhouse this fall as they are a bit overgrown. Looking to replace them with some smaller bushes and I definitely want one of them Rocky Bulldogs to fill in the gaps. Can we order them? I could drive my truck back and pick it up as shipping it would probably be a bit expensive and risky.
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:00 pm I am going to yank out the shrubs in front of my townhouse this fall as they are a bit overgrown. Looking to replace them with some smaller bushes and I definitely want one of them Rocky Bulldogs to fill in the gaps. Can we order them? I could drive my truck back and pick it up as shipping it would probably be a bit expensive and risky.
I think that they're done doing the "Rocky on Parade" dogs, but you might be able to ask the alumni house if they know who made them and if they'd be willing to make more. Just FYI, they're fiberglass. They're nice to look at, but I know that one of them has been broken...probably by a student trying to stand on it. They're not concrete like the big one down at the main gate at Hanson Field. You could probably find someone in your area who does those lawn/yard sculptures, see if they have a bulldog, and then paint it purple. That might be the easiest way to do it. You could maybe even get a block W stencil and do a gold W on his side too or something.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000