ST, how was your visit with Associate AD?

Athletics Department, Facilities, etc.
GV Dad

ST_Lawson wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:43 am
GV Dad wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:07 am I wish I would have thought of this before your meeting. One thing they need to get better at, which could be immediate and very easy, keep their website updated. I went in the other day to see the Spring schedule for Softball. The spring schedule isn't there, but the Fall short season was. All the games had been played, but none of the scores or results were updated. That's unacceptable and sloppy. It prob takes 5 mins to update game results. It is attention to detail issues like these that are just maddening! One of the biggest Marketing tool any business has is their website. If that's sloppy and unprofessional, how is the rest of your business ran?
As a web developer, I have to agree with you on that. You HAVE to have an updated website...can't get by with info that's months old (at this point, 3 of the 5 fall matchups are over a month old) with not even any scores posted. And if you click on the live stats links, it takes you to a page that looks like it's from a game against SDSU (that's what the scorebox says) that we lost 5-4, although the page "title" and text in the tab say it was NDSU, and the players listed are players on NDSU's team. I looked on NDSU's softball schedule page and that game was actually from April 23rd....of 2017: https://gobison.com/boxscore.aspx?path=softball&id=7820

As for the 2019 spring schedule, it's possible it's just not finalized and announced yet. Last year's schedule wasn't published until December 13th: https://goleathernecks.com/news/2017/12 ... h=softball

Still, that's not an excuse for not having past results updated and correct. I'll see about contacting the athletics department about it when I get a chance, but if anyone from athletics happens to be reading this: I'm a university web developer, I love Leatherneck athletics, and I would gladly do whatever I can to help get the website tidied up.
I was looking to schedule a football parents weekend for the spring. Was hoping they had a game the Saturday of the Spring football game, so we could all go support them as well. I will keep looking, but what if I was just an alumni looking to see about coming back for a game? They may move on to something else.

Which also brings up another discussion. Ways to increase revenue for sports like softball, baseball, swimming etc., that do not charge admission. Still important to increase attendance, because you can still make some $$ on concessions, merchandise and advertising.
meganeck

GV Dad wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:36 am
GV Dad wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:07 am I wish I would have thought of this before your meeting. One thing they need to get better at, which could be immediate and very easy, keep their website updated. I went in the other day to see the Spring schedule for Softball. The spring schedule isn't there, but the Fall short season was. All the games had been played, but none of the scores or results were updated. That's unacceptable and sloppy. It prob takes 5 mins to update game results. It is attention to detail issues like these that are just maddening! One of the biggest Marketing tool any business has is their website. If that's sloppy and unprofessional, how is the rest of your business ran?
As a web developer, I have to agree with you on that. You HAVE to have an updated website...can't get by with info that's months old (at this point, 3 of the 5 fall matchups are over a month old) with not even any scores posted. And if you click on the live stats links, it takes you to a page that looks like it's from a game against SDSU (that's what the scorebox says) that we lost 5-4, although the page "title" and text in the tab say it was NDSU, and the players listed are players on NDSU's team. I looked on NDSU's softball schedule page and that game was actually from April 23rd....of 2017: https://gobison.com/boxscore.aspx?path=softball&id=7820

As for the 2019 spring schedule, it's possible it's just not finalized and announced yet. Last year's schedule wasn't published until December 13th: https://goleathernecks.com/news/2017/12 ... h=softball

Still, that's not an excuse for not having past results updated and correct. I'll see about contacting the athletics department about it when I get a chance, but if anyone from athletics happens to be reading this: I'm a university web developer, I love Leatherneck athletics, and I would gladly do whatever I can to help get the website tidied up.
I was looking to schedule a football parents weekend for the spring. Was hoping they had a game the Saturday of the Spring football game, so we could all go support them as well. I will keep looking, but what if I was just an alumni looking to see about coming back for a game? They may move on to something else.

Which also brings up another discussion. Ways to increase revenue for sports like softball, baseball, swimming etc., that do not charge admission. Still important to increase attendance, because you can still make some $$ on concessions, merchandise and advertising.
I wonder if you emailed the Athletic dept and explain who you are and what you want to do, they might be able to tell you if they are any home events that day, not necessarily who they are playing. Just a thought.
GV Dad

meganeck wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:20 pm

I wonder if you emailed the Athletic dept and explain who you are and what you want to do, they might be able to tell you if they are any home events that day, not necessarily who they are playing. Just a thought.
Why should you have to do that? Just update the website
meganeck

GV Dad wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:48 am

Well like Scott said, probably not all contracts are signed yet - so they can't officially announce the whole schedule. I was just trying to help, I'll keep my ideas to myself next time.
GV Dad

meganeck wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:21 am

Well like Scott said, probably not all contracts are signed yet - so they can't officially announce the whole schedule. I was just trying to help, I'll keep my ideas to myself next time.
Please keep your ideas coming, didn't mean to discourage that. Also, for updates, I understand that future schedules may not be set, but results from games already played should definitely be updated and present on the website. Again, sorry to offend, wasn't my intention at all.
meganeck

GV Dad wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:02 am
meganeck wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:21 am

Please keep your ideas coming, didn't mean to discourage that. Also, for updates, I understand that future schedules may not be set, but results from games already played should definitely be updated and present on the website. Again, sorry to offend, wasn't my intention at all.
No Problem and sorry for taking it wrong and yes I agree no excuse for games already played to not be updated.