Rock twitter account

Athletics Department, Facilities, etc.
sealhall74

is now up and running. Comments for desired changes much appreciated. Probably needs a "No WIU Affiliation" disclaimer for one. My goal is to automatically include pertinent content regarding athletics and university news, upcoming events, oustanding athletic performances, motivational quotes, etc. Every Thursday, I will try to post something from the Courier archives about events from his day. How easy some of this content can be pulled in without this becoming yet another non-paying job for me remains to be seen.

Not real happy with the @RockColonel handle. I would rather it be @ColonelRock. I am not sure how it ended up with that and whether it can be changed without creating a whole new account.

https://twitter.com/RockColonel?lang=en
Embrace the pace of the race.
letsgonecks

Not a huge deal, but I'd update the background picture. Never a fan of those uniforms and that was a 3-8 team that only beat no scholly Butler by 8, DII Indy by 10 and 1-10 South Dakota.

Thoughts:
Current team

Action photo verse a big ten opponent or NIU

Old school photo

Believe there's a banner/wall with in the locker room with NFL players and a possible picture out there
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:36 am Not real happy with the @RockColonel handle. I would rather it be @ColonelRock. I am not sure how it ended up with that and whether it can be changed without creating a whole new account.
https://help.twitter.com/en/managing-yo ... ter-handle
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

ST_Lawson wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:32 am
sealhall74 wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:36 am Not real happy with the @RockColonel handle. I would rather it be @ColonelRock. I am not sure how it ended up with that and whether it can be changed without creating a whole new account.
https://help.twitter.com/en/managing-yo ... ter-handle
looks like @ColonelRock is already taken. Maybe that is why is gave me what it gave me. ColonelRayRock is available. what do you think?

I went ahead and made the change for now at least.

https://twitter.com/ColonelRayRock

Also set myself up with a twitter development account. Let the fun begin. :lol:
Last edited by sealhall74 on Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Alternately ColonelHanson is available, as is ColonelRockHanson
sealhall74

ST_Lawson wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:45 am Alternately ColonelHanson is available, as is ColonelRockHanson
Maybe we should poll LeatherneckNation to see. I am sort of leaning to ColonelRayRock because it less formal and rolls off the tounge easier. I can be easily swayed either direction. After further review, I think the statuesque figure demands the more formal route.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:49 am
ST_Lawson wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:45 am Alternately ColonelHanson is available, as is ColonelRockHanson
Maybe we should poll LeatherneckNation to see. I am sort of leaning to ColonelRayRock because it less formal and rolls off the tounge easier. I can be easily swayed either direction. After further review, I think the statuesque figure demands the more formal route.
You can set up a poll on a thread. Let me know if you need any help doing that.
sealhall74

ST_Lawson wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:53 am
sealhall74 wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:49 am
You can set up a poll on a thread. Let me know if you need any help doing that.
It seems like there is a 15 character limit on the twitter handle.
GV Dad

I can't find it. what do I search?
sealhall74

GV Dad wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:59 am I can't find it. what do I search?
"colonel rock" search for me brings it fairly close to the top (colonel ray rock is the one you want)