Yes recruiting has been hard (lots of rumors)

Athletics Department, Facilities, etc.
Western_101

Despite what the news has brodcast WIU is alive and functioning.

Lack of leadership, lack of direction, lack of understanding what students want, oh did I mention lack of money. Also tenured faculty that think adapt and change is optional.

Western got bloated, it happens to almost every successful enterprise. Now comes the hurt. Part of life. Don't like it? Go work in the private sector it's more cut throat in the private sector.

Entitlement...I will be 100 per cent honest ICC has better teachers than a lot of what I encountered at WIU. Bradley kids Come to ICC every summer to get classes.

WIU needs to get better, I am not a fan of their bargaining techniques. Western needs to get better.
Neckfansince71

Well I spent 4 hours with 30 of the most enthusiastic people you can find at WIU/Macomb yesterday in Oak Brook working to recruit students from the Chicagoland area and I can tell you absolutely that "WIU is working very hard" to right the admissions ship!" ;) jc
Western_101

Neckfansince71 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:05 am Well I spent 4 hours with 30 of the most enthusiastic people you can find at WIU/Macomb yesterday in Oak Brook working to recruit students from the Chicagoland area and I can tell you absolutely that "WIU is working very hard" to right the admissions ship!" ;) jc
That's great news! Neckfansince71 your optimism and determination is what we need. You are a credit to the Purple and Gold.