AD interviews and candidates

Athletics Department, Facilities, etc.
meganeck

I've asked this before, but has Danielle done any sorts of interviews since being named AD. 712 is pretty good about posting stuff locally and I haven't seen anything. I just wonder what her vision is for WIU athletics. Anyone know if she is doing anything to address facilities, etc. Is she working behind the scenes on stuff. Or is she just in status Que mode.
Neckfansince71

Let me see what I can dig up on interviews etc. I know she was really really busy with interviews before Christmas. ;) jc
meganeck

Neckfansince71 wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:56 pm Let me see what I can dig up on interviews etc. I know she was really really busy with interviews before Christmas. ;) jc
I know the media that covers WIU and WIU athletics isn't real extensive, so unless the Voice has talked to her. i'm sure there isn't much out there or much of a demand to talk to her. Just seems like since she has been hired, I haven't heard anything from her. I don't listen to the football games or basketball games on the radio, but maybe she has been a guest a halftime or something and have just missed it.
sealhall74

meganeck wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:54 am
Neckfansince71 wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:56 pm Let me see what I can dig up on interviews etc. I know she was really really busy with interviews before Christmas. ;) jc
I know the media that covers WIU and WIU athletics isn't real extensive, so unless the Voice has talked to her. i'm sure there isn't much out there or much of a demand to talk to her. Just seems like since she has been hired, I haven't heard anything from her. I don't listen to the football games or basketball games on the radio, but maybe she has been a guest a halftime or something and have just missed it.
And while we are all scratching our heads wondering what's up, Matt Tanney over at Wabash has broken ground on a $13M stadium and turf field due to be ready for the upcoming season. I miss those Tanney Talks as a way to keep the faithful few and proud (we are Leathernecks, right?) up to date on the issues.
Embrace the pace of the race.
meganeck

sealhall74 wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:03 pm
meganeck wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:54 am
And while we are all scratching our heads wondering what's up, Matt Tanney over at Wabash has broken ground on a $13M stadium and turf field due to be ready for the upcoming season. I miss those Tanney Talks as a way to keep the faithful few and proud (we are Leathernecks, right?) up to date on the issues.
Good point, I forgot about those Tanney talks - i did like those, although they were mostly just recaps of the sports season, it still was something.
Neckfansince71

Over 30 interviews took place this fall for the 10 positions that were open including football, softball, baseball, swimming, and other athletic areas. ;) jc
sealhall74

Danielle had a few minutes on the Lunch Bunch podcast last week. Her comments start about the 56 minute mark.

https://goleathernecks.com/watch/?Archi ... &type=Live
Embrace the pace of the race.
meganeck

sealhall74 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:25 am Danielle had a few minutes on the Lunch Bunch podcast last week. Her comments start about the 56 minute mark.

https://goleathernecks.com/watch/?Archi ... &type=Live
thank you, finally listened to it. Didn't give any specifics or mention the football stadium, but does sound like she is working on things kinda under the radar. We'll she what she is able to get accomplished.