New football building

Athletics Department, Facilities, etc.
Western_101

So is this Football/multi-purpose athletic building moving forward or what? I thought this was pretty much a sure thing.
Western_101

Right,

So I think the lack of response or purposeful avoidance of my question by board regulars leads me to believe that this is another DOA Western project.
leatherneckcountry

I love football as much as anyone else but western has bigger issues than a Damn football building to deal with right now.
Western_101

leatherneckcountry wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:50 pm I love football as much as anyone else but western has bigger issues than a Damn football building to deal with right now.
I agree with that 100% Leatherneckcountry.

Western has been known as a football school. Part of being in the D-I hemisphere is punctuating your existence for belonging in D-I.

You are 100% correct about what you said Leatherneckcountry. Life, work , anything doesen't work or extist typicaly on one narative.

So by all means let us throw away money that is directed specifically to football. Turns out Western is kinda good at football.
GV Dad

Not sure the delay. I do know, this project was to be 100% funded privately. So any other issues the school may be having should be irrelevant.
sealhall74

The silence is deafening. IMHO, the dollars are not quite there yet or we would hear something. Could it be the great Rodney Dangerfield (as Thornton Melon) had the answer for us from a movie way back in the 80s (Back To School)?

Thornton Melon : First of all you're going to have to grease the local politicians for the sudden zoning problems that always come up. Then there's the kickbacks to the carpenters, and if you plan on using any cement in this building I'm sure the teamsters would like to have a little chat with ya, and that'll cost ya. Oh and don't forget a little something for the building inspectors. Then there's long term costs such as waste disposal. I don't know if you're familiar with who runs that business but I assure you it's not the boyscouts.
Embrace the pace of the race.
Neckfansince71

My Western Hall sources say that " we’re moving forward getting plans/drawings for building like was done for the west side." Thats all I can say at the present time. I know the football staff was very impressed with the building Weber State is currently building. You just can't throw together a 10 million dollar project like this together! ;) jc
Western_101

Those West side renderings are nice. I've been hoping to get prints to add to my (non existent)art collection.

Some nice renderings of a "football/athletic facility" I feel would be a nice addition to my collection. I will have it in a different wing from the renderings of the Center for Performing Arts.......obviously.

I guess my point is we can start to collect nice pictures, which is nice, because, well they look nice.
sealhall74

So does a 100% privately funded facility on a public college campus have to go through all of the competititve bidding processes?
Embrace the pace of the race.
GV Dad

Looks like the money for and progress with this project is being delayed due to the situation with the President. Even more reason to get him removed this month. I hate to blame one person for all the issues, but everything keeps pointing back to him as the main source. Again, these are only rumors, nothing official.