Restore The Glory

Athletics Department, Facilities, etc.
WIU0812

The athletics department is part of this project but it is not paying for any of the flags it is all through donations which means that if we do not reach the goal they will not be doing the project. This is another reason why it makes more sense to use the bookstore flags as they are cheaper and the same size. If the flags they picked out were bigger or something like that I would be more apt to go for the extra money, but since it is being totally funded by alumni donations it makes sense that we should get some say in which ones to use unless they want to pay the difference. We can not donate the 16 Million for the stands, but we can complete some small projects like these by ourselves that will be used in the coming years.
sealhall74

The 200d nylon in the more expensive one is pretty heavy duty stuff (think the floor of your camping tent). I am not sure how that compares to the Bookstore flags never having touched one. Some schools on that sight (Iowas Hawks e.g.) offer bigger flags and 2ply polyester ones for more cost so maybe there is a significant difference in durability and furlability (?) of these things. My concern is that for $2K it seems what we are mostly paying for is their custom design work and not that great of an end result.

The Bookstore flags might look a little bush compared to the other but if you give the darn things away as part of some fan contest, I don't think anybody will be complaining. I would rather be giving these flags away than I would a bunch of pizzas.
Last edited by sealhall74 on Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

This is the flag that is available at the Union Bookstore:
http://www.sportsflagsandpennants.com/s ... 79img1.jpg

This would look very nice flying on the top of the west grandstand.
sealhall74

712, I agree. It looks impressive in the picture. Is the Bookstore price around $30.
wiu712

sealhall74 wrote:Is the Bookstore price around $30?
The quoted price is $29.95.
sealhall74

I was on the Bookstore sight and did not see it listed anywhere. They did have the smaller garden flags. Strange it is not there.
WIU0812

Ya, they do not even have half of the items they sell listed on their site, the flag being one of them.
sealhall74

I wonder if they don't carry a lot of stuff in house simply because it would tend to "grow legs". I would love to have one those flags for my wall. Got the perfect spot for it.
WIU0812

I think the way I worded that was confusing they have a ton more items in store that they do not have on the website. They have a much larger selection at the school and I always wished that they would update the website with more items.
wiu712

The company that makes that "Western Illinois" flag is one of the advertisers featured on this website.