Restore The Glory

Athletics Department, Facilities, etc.
WIU0812

Ya it would be something to look in to future. I do not know if you can do a goal meter, but I definitely would like to do something like that and update once a day to see how close we are to goal. You may be able to place on front page somewhere? Also, may be something to think about, but if this page had a feature in future which linked it to a paypal or something such as that where donations could be done through the site via credit card and then given to the school it would just eliminate a few odd steps and would take out the though of using that gofundme.com site which takes a small percentage of the money for using the site.
sealhall74

We are making progress. We also need to look into some "cool stuff" to promote LeatherneckNation.net and our mission. I am thinking one of these bikes from Neoti would be ideal:

http://www.neoti.com/advertising-market ... sing-bikes

I wonder if Tommy could swing us a sweetheart deal with Neoti - maybe Neoti would ante up for free if we give them a bit of space. Any volunteers to do some pedaling around the track during football games, parades, etc?
Embrace the pace of the race.
sealhall74

Also, I am getting ready to roll out my Pigskin Parlay game next week (Week 1 games will include the FCS Kickoff game between Eastern Washington and Sam Houston State next Saturday as well as games on following Thursday/Friday/Saturday. 812, you have given me some inspiration to change my reward system. Each weekly winning player will have the option of my donating $100 to the "Booster Club" of their favorite team in their name. It won't be easy as you will be competing against fans from the Top 4 FCS conferences each and every week. Not sure how much competition there will be. Using fan message boards to promote these kind of things is not easy, especially when some schools (e.g. Eastern Illinois) don't have much of a fan message board to begin with.

Edit: Dont hold me to that $100 amount. I am still kicking around ideas how best to do it. I would like to have winners for all four conferences but I am not that rich. I reached out to BWW to try to get some freebie gift certificates from them but I was not the big corporate fish they were looking for.
WIU0812

OK, so I finally received a reply to from WIU and it appears that the best way to donate and keep this organized is to use the pledge card and send in via mail. The address you need to send to is Western Illinois University, Attn: Michael Jones, 103D Western Hall, Macomb, IL 61455. The pledge card can be viewed here at http://www.goleathernecks.com/documents ... df?id=3126. When you do this direct it to football and you may want to write on there Flags for Stands.

Since this is going through the Leatherneck Club I would assume this will increase your amount pledged which is a added bonus! Also, if you do not feel like doing this through the mail it can be done over the phone by calling Michael Jones directly at 309-298-1190.
sealhall74

Jokingly, I could not find the "Easy Pay" option on the card (ala QVC). But that actually makes a lot of sense for big dollar donations like they want to get.
WIU0812

ST, any chance you can set up a page that revolves around athletic improvement projects such as this and maybe have a bar chart total for the money collected and the money needed. This Flag project needs $2,100.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

WIU0812 wrote:ST, any chance you can set up a page that revolves around athletic improvement projects such as this and maybe have a bar chart total for the money collected and the money needed. This Flag project needs $2,100.
Sure, I can put something together. The issue is that I'd need to have a way to find out how much has been donated. I'd hate to ask MJ to have to email me every time someone sends in a donation for a specific project, but that may be the only way to do it. I'll look into it.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
WIU0812

I already asked him to update me about every couple of days if possible on the totals and I am waiting on a reply. I will send you a message on here when I receive an email unless you wanna talk to him personally.
WIU0812

Sent in my donation today to Michael Jones at WIU for the flags project!
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

And the Fundraising page is now live.
You can go to it directly here: http://www.leathernecknation.net/fundraising.php

Or get to it via the Fundraising button in the top right navigation on any page, or the button on the left side or the "Progress Thermometer" on the left side of the front page of the site.

Go check it out and make your donation. Let's get those flags flying again.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000