Who Stepped Out and Stepped Up?

Athletics Department, Facilities, etc.
sealhall74

Watching UConn HC Bob Diaco on the tube against Mizzou right now. Gotta be the youngest looking HC in FBS. Could easily pass for 25.
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote:Watching UConn HC Bob Diaco on the tube against Mizzou right now. Gotta be the youngest looking HC in FBS. Could easily pass for 25.
Can you tell if Coach P is down on the sidelines, or does he normally hang out up in the box?
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
JacksFan

Just visiting your board, because I have a question (and don't know where exactly to post it, just hope to get some info from WIU): Has there been any discussion of adopting FCOA for WIU athletes? Appreciate any replies you might have (recognizing this is off topic).
wiu712

JacksFan wrote:Has there been any discussion of adopting FCOA for WIU athletes?
Does FCOA mean "Full Cost of Attending" ???
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Yes, that's essentially what it means. In addition to the regular scholarship that players are offered, the university also gives them a stipend to cover things like books, food, housing, etc. Due to a recent ruling, it is now legal in the NCAA, but optional on a school-by-school basis. As far as I know, NDSU, USD, Liberty, and I think SDSU are the only FCS schools to come out and say they will be offering it.

I haven't heard of anything regarding FCOA from our end. Budget-wise, all the Illinois schools are in a pretty rough spot right now, so I doubt it's something we'd be able to offer in the near future.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

In other "stepping up" news...

[tweet]690542628778156032[/tweet]

for those that aren't aware, from Martindale's bio on the Ravens website:
"1999: (with Western Illinois) Was defensive coordinator/ linebackers coach...Tutored former Ravens 2001 draft pick and All-American LB Edgerton Hartwell."