Knock, Knock, Who's there? Opportunity

Athletics Department, Facilities, etc.
sealhall74

I see there is a Leatherneck Club golf outing on July 11 up in the Windy City vicinity. What say we, as "Leatherneck Nation", sponsor a hole or two during that outing. We might pick up some new subscribers. Assuming we get some advertising space to work with, what we need is a moniker. We could go with the "Fling out the Purple and Gold, We're Marching On" one OR we could come up with new one. Here is a thread to voice your preference. I will foot the bill for $200 (2 holes) of sponsorship assuming the powers to be don't have some problem with that.
Embrace the pace of the race.
rocki

This could get really interesting - I'm sure there are all kinds of ideas out there!!!

If you could get 2 consecutive holes, one could be "Once a Leatherneck" and the second could be "Always A Leatherneck", you could see about using some of the Twitter hashtags that football used, like "Esprit De Corps", "Purple Reign", "Purple Swarm", etc.

Good idea, Seal!
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Awesome, I say go for it. I already used a chunk of the excess website fund (from the ad at the top of the page) to donate to the Leatherneck Club a couple of weeks ago when they had that big push with matching donations and stuff (look for LeatherneckNation.net listed as a "Varsity" supporter in next year's athletic programs and stuff), otherwise I'd be able to chip in some. I'll see about budgeting back a bit extra to help get a hole sponsorship or two next year though.

As for what they should say, I think any of the suggestions you guys have made would be good. I'm always a fan of using the "fling out the purple and the gold, we're marching on" line, but whatever you guys prefer is fine with me.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
wiu712

I like the last line of the Fight Song:
"Fling out the Purple and the Gold, we're marching on!"

Another idea might be to use some of the names that the student section has been called over the years. Off the top of my head, I can remember:
Rocky's Renegades
Purple Pride
Purple Posse
Purple Haze

There may be more. Purple Haze is the most recent one. But I don't think that term has been used in the last 2 years. Someone with a good memory might be able to place all of the names in chronological order.
sealhall74

After a day of pondering, I came up with one which would make Rock proud:

Get Your Ginger On!

or maybe

Get Your [thinkpurple]Ginger[/thinkpurple] On!

if it can be done in color.

Whatever ones we come up with, none will top Joe Maddon's though:

That guy is a motivational genius.
Embrace the pace of the race.
Neckfansince71

So would you say that this is another "positive" step in the right direction for the Leatherneck Club and athletics in general? ;) jc