Death of Gil Petersen

Athletics Department, Facilities, etc.
leatherneckcountry

http://www.goleathernecks.com/news/2016 ... =athletics

Wiu lost one of the most important people to the athletic department not sure there are many more important people to be involved in WIU Athletics.
BobLovely

Sad to hear of Gil's passing. I spoke with him on several occasions when I was a student at Western. Great guy!

Bob
Neckfansince71

He was patient enough to allow me to present my ideas for a conference back in 1973. I had Guy Ricci's basketball course and it was boring as hell. I constantly made lists of schools that could join together to form a good conference. As I recall, EIU, UNI, and UWMilwaukee were in the mix. One day I just happen to see Gil and I asked him if I could show him my conference idea. He asked me to sit down and then heard me out. His reaction was "well not bad!" ;) His wife also sat outside the ticket window and sold tickets for Homecoming and Parent's weekend. She also was just a "nice lady!" I wish her and the rest of the Petersen family peace with Gil's passing! From the NAIA, to D2, to D1, is quite a trip. Just which the AD that followed would have been more facility orientated! ;) jc