vatusay

Not a good look.
#ALLIN #YOLO
wiu712

Lead story on tonight's WGEM-TV 6PM News:
WIU violates open meeting laws.
https://wgem.com/2018/11/12/wiu-violate ... ting-laws/
wiu712

What are the legal impacts of this Open Meeting Act violation ???

Is the university or individual Board of Trustees members subject to a Civil Money Penalty ???

One remedy imposed the Attorney General was release of the audio recording of that June meeting. One BOT member did resign.
wiu712

In Wisconsin: Any member of a governmental body who knowingly attends a meeting held in violation of the open meetings law, or otherwise violates the law, is subject to a forfeiture of between $25 and $300 for each violation.

Not sure what the law is in Illinois.
wiu712

WIU Faculty seeks transparency from administration.
From the McDonough County Voice:
http://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/news/2018 ... nistration
Neckfansince71

So I would definitely agree that transparency is very important to the relationship of a schools administration and faculty, especially in times of stress and financial need. I also think that recruitment should also be a shared goal for not only admissions and the administration, but also for the faculty as a whole! I attended an admissions event in Oak Brook just before Thanksgiving and I was very impressed with the representatives of both the faculty and staff! I am not sure whether any members of the "Faculty Senate" were there and I would hope that in the name of true transparency and cooperation that maybe WIU's Faculty Senate Chair and members might want to participate in any of the up-coming "Discover Western" events as a sign of proactive involvement in the future of Western/Macomb.! This is merely my opinion as a very interested and concerned alumni of Western Illinois University! ;) jc
sealhall74

Do profs get bonus pay? If they don't, they should be entitled to it. If they do, it should be performance based, including how well their dept is recruiting and retaining students.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

WIU Program Elimination Review Underway.
From Tri-States Public Radio, WIUM-FM:
http://www.tspr.org/post/wiu-program-el ... w-underway
Neckfansince71

Team, team, team, team! Time to be totally transparent, honest, and cooperative. All hands on deck WIU/Macomb! The future of our alma mater rests in your hands. For some of you, WIU maybe just a stop in your collegiate educational career. But for us, it will always be our place of growth and full of our middle childhood memories. Please deliberate with care! ;) jc
Western_101

Neckfansince71 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:51 am Team, team, team, team! Time to be totally transparent, honest, and cooperative. All hands on deck WIU/Macomb! The future of our alma mater rests in your hands. For some of you, WIU maybe just a stop in your collegiate educational career. But for us, it will always be our place of growth and full of our middle childhood memories. Please deliberate with care! ;) jc
Yeah, but late teens early twenties, the mind still believes every wonderful possibility lies ahead. In the meantime you are making friends and meeting people or marrying people forever. So yeah, It's a few years, but it's kinda a big deal. It's the last Hoorah of childhood and the ushering in of a whole knew life. It is a place that has an emotional connection that runs deep. I know for me those were some of the best years, not all of them but definitely some of them.

I feel NFS71 he still has the blood of a coach and I would guess his blood runs purple.