Hanson Field - The New West Side

General Campus News, Updates, Discussion
GV Dad

Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:24 am

Tere North wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:43 am
RedNeck wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:11 am
Pancakes and sausage will not entice college kids to come to Q lot on a Saturday.
OK, if PJamma Zone won't work, what will? FYI, my alma mater still has its PJamaRama associated with Homecoming and it remains a big draw.
I love that name... PJamaRama! At this point, let's try anything. No bad ideas, just good ideas that maybe didn't work as hoped.
GV Dad

Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:25 am

RedNeck wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:23 am
Tere North wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:43 am
RedNeck wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:11 am
Pancakes and sausage will not entice college kids to come to Q lot on a Saturday.
OK, if PJamma Zone won't work, what will? FYI, my alma mater still has its PJamaRama associated with Homecoming and it remains a big draw.
Well, whatever your alma mater is it sounds like they got something positive going. So at least you have that the fall back on.

I want to remain positive, but there was a part of my life that was magical when you're kinda an adult but not really and I lived in this fantasy land called college in the hinterlands of Western Illinois. Watching what is happening to Western is like watching a friend fade away which is just sad. Also a part of me seems to feel less than whole too. It's weird.

Didn't mean to dis yer pancakes and sausage, my wife makes it every Sunday and I could take it or leave it (usually the latter).
Just means you care RedNeck! We need more of that right now.
RedNeck

Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:39 am

Corvette Cruiz-in

https://www.bloomingtongold.com/

Lot of room in Q lot, a lot of over flow on the intramural fields.
meganeck

Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:33 pm

Ok, who's going to win Mega Millions and get this stadium project started.
Neckfansince71

Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:00 pm

One of the reasons I play the lottery is to win some cash that would pay for the stadium/football building plan for Hanson Field. Of course the stadium would remain Hanson Field, but I would definitely have our name on the football building. "The Carter Football Educational Facility at Hanson Field" Has a ring to it, don't you think? I have thought about what I would do with the rest of the money and I know I would make sure that I shared the winnings with all of my family members. Probably would build a hurricane proof house in St. Petes Beach, would probably buy a dwelling in Macomb so we could stay over night for football and basketball games too. I might also buy up some of the land on Adams, right around where the off campus bookstore was. I would put in a nice plaza with Starbucks and a couple of other shops and things. Just a daydream I guess. ;) jc
WIUSuperFan

Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:30 pm

Any news on the new west side of Hanson Field? Last I heard it's still a work in progress. Is that correct?
Devin Biggs
BS, Meteorology (2017)
Alumnus of Western Illinois University
Email: dm-biggs@wiu.edu
Neckfansince71

Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:15 pm

I think I saw somewhere that a football building has also been listed as a "big time" need at Hanson Field! Either/or we should have our answer this spring. ;)