Suzi Miner

General Campus News, Updates, Discussion
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Celebration of Life Mass Set for Suzi Miner

I didn't even know she wasn't doing well. You can read the description of all that she was involved in at the link above. I knew Suzi from a few places...her daughter was in my class in HS and she was very heavily involved in the local schools; she was involved in the Macomb Band Boosters (which I worked with a few times); she worked quite a bit with various WIU alumni programs; and she and her husband were huge WIU sports fans. She would always make a point to mention that she really enjoyed seeing me sit in with the pep band at basketball games.

Many of you who have attended WIU sporting events or alumni activities will probably recognize both Suzi and her husband Jim Miner:
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Neckfansince71

A very classy couple! We talked to Suzi in q lot at homecoming about the fact that she and my wife attended the same high school in Peoria, at the same time, although Suzi was a bit older. Have sat a number of times close to them at basketball and football games. Truly a nice lady and once again, a very nice couple! jc
LeatherCy

Jim is hosting a memorial golf tournament for Suzi in late August. I don't have the date but I'm planning on returning to Macomb to participate. No finer lady than Suzi Miner.
wiu712

Suzi Stambaugh Miner '72 '73 Memorial Macomb Alumni & Friends Golf Outing: Friday, August 10, 2018.

Time:
9:00 a.m. Registration.
10:00 a.m. Shotgun Start.

4 Person Scramble.

Immediately following golf: Social and Dinner.

18 holes of Golf, Drink Ticket, Social, Dinner, Cash Bar - $60.

Social, Dinner, Cash Bar - $10.

Flag sponsorships also available for $100: includes a flag with choice of signage/logo (yours to keep after the outing).

Proceeds to benefit Alumni Association Scholarships.

Registration gift for all players is a WIU bluetooth speaker.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

wiu712 wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:12 pm Flag sponsorships also available for $100: includes a flag with choice of signage/logo (yours to keep after the outing).
Hmmmm.....LeatherneckNation.net flag?
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000