President Thomas Looking Elsewhere

General Campus News, Updates, Discussion
Neckfansince71

It appears that Tuskegee has some real issues with infrastructure, numerous buildings are closed or in disrepair and this needs to be addressed by the new president and administration. So it would seem that capital cash is a real issue there. I wonder if that had anything to do with it? ;) jc
sealhall74

It looks like Umass Boston faculty aint happy with these 3 and want better. FYI, there was both faculty and student representation on the seach committee. Is this sort of like letting the inmates run the asylum? :lol:
Embrace the pace of the race.
Tere North

But please, somebody please take him off our hands.
wiu712

Meanwhile ................. things are starting to get ugly down south.

SIU rift heats up after system president calls Carbondale campus "bitchers".
From the St. Louis Post-Dispatch:
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/educ ... efde1.html
Tere North

wiu712 wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 11:01 am Meanwhile ................. things are starting to get ugly down south.

SIU rift heats up after system president calls Carbondale campus "bitchers".
From the St. Louis Post-Dispatch:
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/educ ... efde1.html
So now Western can claim success. We aren't as bad student wise as Chicago State and we aren't as bad morale wise as Carbondale.

Yet, these two were lower than us last year, but Eastern was and they've surged ahead. That means our leadership (both Board and Admin) have failed us.

Explain how you can hire Rives for his strategic planning expertise and have the school take a nose dive, then listen to him say were are in chaos. Seems to me that is what strategic planning should have prevented instead.
LeatherCy

100% agree with Tere...some school somewhere take him and take him quick! I know a bunch of Leathernecks who will help load the moving truck!!
Tere North

LeatherCy wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 5:04 pm 100% agree with Tere...some school somewhere take him and take him quick! I know a bunch of Leathernecks who will help load the moving truck!!
That will be a quick job. Heck, only personal items and the like as the President's house comes fully furnished.
wiu712

sealhall74 wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:00 amIt looks like Umass Boston faculty aint happy with these 3 and want better.
Looks like there is more going on at UMass-Boston.

UMass-Boston Faculty Votes No Confidence in System’s Leaders Over Purchase of Small College.
https://www.chronicle.com/article/UMass ... -No/243415
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Tere North wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 10:34 am But please, somebody please take him off our hands.
Regardless of whether he gets another job or not, I'd be very surprised if he is still the president at WIU on July 1st. Just rumors...but fairly credible ones.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Tere North

ST_Lawson wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:14 pm
Tere North wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 10:34 am But please, somebody please take him off our hands.
Regardless of whether he gets another job or not, I'd be very surprised if he is still the president at WIU on July 1st. Just rumors...but fairly credible ones.
I have heard the same general thing, too, that the BOT told him to find a job. It will be very interesting to see who is appointed interim.