President Thomas Looking Elsewhere

General Campus News, Updates, Discussion
wiu712

Matt Bierman has been named Vice President for Business and Finance at Illinois Wesleyan University, effective May 15.
Neckfansince71

Yes, I know that! I was being a smart ass! I just don't think interim is an indication for anything but like I stated, homeostasis (steady state)! ;) jc
Tere North

Neckfansince71 wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:53 pm Why would who is named interim be "telling?" (Unless of course it was Matt B.) I don't think it would be an indication of anything except (homeostasis!) ;) jc
Needless to say, it won't be Matt B since he's moving on to Illinois Wesleyan. I just think that if the Board appoints, e.g., Rives an interim, the best we can hope for is a holding pattern, a pattern that is headed downhill because of our failure to admit our problems. Rives is the king of "fluff" in terms of finding a good thing so he can ignore the rest.

I wonder how this will affect the acceptance of whoever was deemed most desired as Provost. Do you want to come to a new school where there is no President? Perhaps if you think within a year you could be that President. Perhaps not if you don't want to deal with havoc worse that was known when you interviewed.
wiu712

President Jack Thomas Discusses "Unrest at WIU" During Job Interview at Boise State.

From Tri-States Public Radio WIUM-FM:
http://tspr.org/post/jack-thomas-discus ... -interview
leatherneckcountry

Tere North wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:55 pm
Neckfansince71 wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:53 pm Why would who is named interim be "telling?" (Unless of course it was Matt B.) I don't think it would be an indication of anything except (homeostasis!) ;) jc
Needless to say, it won't be Matt B since he's moving on to Illinois Wesleyan. I just think that if the Board appoints, e.g., Rives an interim, the best we can hope for is a holding pattern, a pattern that is headed downhill because of our failure to admit our problems. Rives is the king of "fluff" in terms of finding a good thing so he can ignore the rest.

I wonder how this will affect the acceptance of whoever was deemed most desired as Provost. Do you want to come to a new school where there is no President? Perhaps if you think within a year you could be that President. Perhaps not if you don't want to deal with havoc worse that was known when you interviewed.
If Rives becomes even the interim that would be a huge mistake but hey he's already getting a very good salary to do absolutely nothing.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

leatherneckcountry wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:09 pm If Rives becomes even the interim that would be a huge mistake but hey he's already getting a very good salary to do absolutely nothing.
Oh god that would be horrible.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Tere North

ST_Lawson wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:57 pm
leatherneckcountry wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:09 pm If Rives becomes even the interim that would be a huge mistake but hey he's already getting a very good salary to do absolutely nothing.
Oh god that would be horrible.
The head of strategic planning. Look how well that has gone in terms of planning for the future.
The head of the QC campus. Look how well that has gone in terms of enrollment.
wiu712

Tere North wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:03 amThe head of strategic planning. Look how well that has gone in terms of planning for the future.
That's not much of a record to be proud of. Certainly the Western BOT would not consider him as an Interim President.
sealhall74

wiu712 wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:56 am
Tere North wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:03 amThe head of strategic planning. Look how well that has gone in terms of planning for the future.
That's not much of a record to be proud of. Certainly the Western BOT would not consider him as an Interim President.
Cut the dude some slack. I watched a mediacom interview last night on youtube about what is happening on the QC campus. He said the Engineering Program there is, and I quote, "growing like a weed". :lol:
Embrace the pace of the race.
Tere North

sealhall74 wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:26 am
wiu712 wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:56 am
Cut the dude some slack. I watched a mediacom interview last night on youtube about what is happening on the QC campus. He said the Engineering Program there is, and I quote, "growing like a weed". :lol:
That should be an agricultural, not engineering issue if it's growing like a weed :o But as you said, :lol: :lol:

From the Institutional Research website (http://www.wiu.edu/IRP/enrollments/2016 ... dse_qc.php)under Student Research Information, noting Note that Engineering is an onsite, not online program.
    Fall 2017 QC onsite total enrollment 894 representing 509 full-time equivalent students
    Fall 2016 numbers were 976 students for a 559 full-time equivalency
    Fall 2015 numbers were 1,140 students for a 639 full-time equivalency[/list]

Somehow, realizing this is total, not specific to Engineering, somehow RoundUp has been sprayed as the weeds aren't growing.

More specifically to Engineering, School of Engineering QC credit hour production
    FY2017 was 1,443 hours compared to 1,429 in FY2016 for a 0.98% growth. That gives very specific proof that Rives' claim the program is growing like a weed is far from the truth.
    Last edited by Tere North on Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.