President Thomas Looking Elsewhere

General Campus News, Updates, Discussion
vatusay

Well, we are in the “opinion is fact” day in age!

No information but I’d be willing to bet the job in Alabama is his and a great fit, if you ask me.
#ALLIN #YOLO
leatherneckcountry

vatusay wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:38 am Well, we are in the “opinion is fact” day in age!

No information but I’d be willing to bet the job in Alabama is his and a great fit, if you ask me.
Agree honestly outside of the financial side of it I don't think the Boise state job is any better than the one here.
Tere North

vatusay wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:38 am No information but I’d be willing to bet the job in Alabama is his and a great fit, if you ask me.
Definitely agree. It's a good solid school, has an excellent reputation, has a veterinary school, and being a HBCU in his backyard has got to be an additional plus. Plus, at D2, far less issue with athletic budgets to worry about. In fact, I'd be stunned if he didn't take it.
leatherneckcountry

So USD named there financial aid officer as there new president seems like a reach. Her resume isn't very impressive though it does sound like she was encouraged by the faculty to apply for the job.
Tere North

leatherneckcountry wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 2:42 pm So USD named there financial aid officer as there new president seems like a reach. Her resume isn't very impressive though it does sound like she was encouraged by the faculty to apply for the job.
Yes, you can grow leadership from within, but unless you are super-satisfied with the direction you are headed, I think the President, and even at least some of the VPs, should come from outside. Otherwise, new ideas will be few and far between.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

At Tuskegee, the other finalist has been named president: https://www.tuskegee.edu/news/tuskegee- ... -president

And at Boise State, Dr. Thomas and one of the other finalists have withdrawn their names: https://go.boisestate.edu/presidential-search/

There is a rumor that Dr. Thomas has also applied to a third school, but I can't dig up any info about that currently.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Tere North

ST_Lawson wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 3:09 pm At Tuskegee, the other finalist has been named president: https://www.tuskegee.edu/news/tuskegee- ... -president

And at Boise State, Dr. Thomas and one of the other finalists have withdrawn their names: https://go.boisestate.edu/presidential-search/

There is a rumor that Dr. Thomas has also applied to a third school, but I can't dig up any info about that currently.
Tuskegee said they weren't going to decide until May 11, wonder if Thomas pulled the plug on that one, too.
So what, he wants us to know he has real options, but it going to stay and drag us down further.
vatusay

Not cool.
#ALLIN #YOLO
Tere North

vatusay wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 3:35 pmNot cool.
But when you read about what Tuskegee has to say about their choice, clearly that was NOT describing anything anywhere near close to Thomas.
sealhall74

Maybe this deserves a different thread, but is there anyone here who agrees with me that Rauner appointing members of the WIU Board of Trustees is a potential conflict of interest? Why? Simple. He is an ex-officio member (I assume with voting rights) of the Board of Trustees for the flagship university system. I could see it being OK if WIU and U of I were under the same governing umbrella. But theyain't. Not yet anyway. Just my two cents.

Also BOT related. I think that a student from the QC campus should be included as a voting member of the BOT.
Embrace the pace of the race.