Enrollment Updates

General Campus News, Updates, Discussion
wiu712

WIU Receives Money for Deferred Maintenance.

From Tri-States Public Radio, WIUM-FM:
http://www.tspr.org/post/wiu-receives-m ... aintenance
wiu712

President Thomas speaks with SGA on student enrollment efforts.

From today's McDonough County Voice:
http://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/news/2018 ... nt-efforts
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Last ditch effort to scrounge a few more voters from some of the metro areas. I don't see these likely to happen, at least, not as an independent school separate from WIU-QC, for example. The more likely scenario is that the Illinois board of higher ed decides on a restructuring plan that involves campuses being moved under the control of the U of I. I don't know that that scenario is all that likely either, but I think it's more likely than a U of I - Quad Cities that is separate from WIU-QC.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Tere North

ST_Lawson wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:51 pm
Last ditch effort to scrounge a few more voters from some of the metro areas. I don't see these likely to happen, at least, not as an independent school separate from WIU-QC, for example. The more likely scenario is that the Illinois board of higher ed decides on a restructuring plan that involves campuses being moved under the control of the U of I. I don't know that that scenario is all that likely either, but I think it's more likely than a U of I - Quad Cities that is separate from WIU-QC.
I would support UofI taking over the QC campus. It is dragging WIU down having not even come close to reaching its potential under it's current leadership.
sealhall74

Tere North wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:50 pm
ST_Lawson wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:51 pm
I would support UofI taking over the QC campus. It is dragging WIU down having not even come close to reaching its potential under it's current leadership.
The University of Illinois - Chicago "sphere of influence" already has their nursing program running in Chicago, Rockford, QC, Peoria, Springfield, and Urbana. Probably no major campus buildings involved, more like a couple or three floors of an office building. I wonder if the Gov is even aware of it.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

During the 2014 election campaign, Bruce Rauner was saying that Illinois had too many state universities.

Now he is talking about additional satellite UI campuses.

Doesn't make any sense.
vatusay

Because his filthy rich buddies want one.
#ALLIN #YOLO
Western_101

This is a message board is in no way officially tied to the Western Illinois University. People can comment (I believe it's in the bill of rights).

Anyway I digress. Just one opinion Bruce Rauner is a piece of garbage.

Like a privileged, influenced affluent, never had to put in manual work day in his life piece of garbage.
Tere North

RedNeck wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:25 pm This is a message board is in no way officially tied to the Western Illinois University. People can comment (I believe it's in the bill of rights).

Anyway I digress. Just one opinion Bruce Rauner is a piece of garbage.

Like a privileged, influenced affluent, never had to put in manual work day in his life piece of garbage.
Rauner actually did earn his millions compared to Pritzer who inherited his.