A New Beginning has Begun

General Campus News, Updates, Discussion
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Neckfansince71 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:17 am Well no one said this was going to be easy or clean and neat. I just wish Springfield would bug out! ;) jc
I don't know what the reasoning for the removal was...could be legitimate...idk. Apparently there's a faction of the board that wants Joe Rives as the interim president (an idea that absolutely horrifies most people on campus), and they were going to try to get the vote pushed through when they thought they'd have the advantage. Then when it looked like they weren't going to, they all had "somewhere else" they needed to be.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
leatherneckcountry

ST_Lawson wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:21 am
Neckfansince71 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:17 am Well no one said this was going to be easy or clean and neat. I just wish Springfield would bug out! ;) jc
I don't know what the reasoning for the removal was...could be legitimate...idk. Apparently there's a faction of the board that wants Joe Rives as the interim president (an idea that absolutely horrifies most people on campus), and they were going to try to get the vote pushed through when they thought they'd have the advantage. Then when it looked like they weren't going to, they all had "somewhere else" they needed to be.
WIU doesn’t deserve the greatness of Joe Rives look at how great he’s doing with the QC campus.
rocki

leatherneckcountry wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:27 am
WIU doesn’t deserve the greatness of Joe Rives look at how great he’s doing with the QC campus.
I hope this is sarcasm........................
sealhall74

My two cents and you know I always have a couple of pennies lying around (in fact, not too long ago , I took all of my coins to the bank. Everything was rolled except the pennies. I had to use a milk crate and hand truck to get it into the bank in two trips. Came to over $3200 dollars when it was said and done, so I always have a few coins lying around the house, but I digress very badly.)

Alll BOT positions should be elected like they they are at the Community College level.

NUFF SAID
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:31 am My two cents and you know I always have a couple of pennies lying around (in fact, not too long ago , I took all of my coins to the bank. Everything was rolled except the pennies. I had to use a milk crate and hand truck to get it into the bank in two trips. Came to over $3200 dollars when it was said and done, so I always have a few coins lying around the house, but I digress very badly.)

Alll BOT positions should be elected like they they are at the Community College level.

NUFF SAID
Elected at the state level?...regional?...local? Without getting too political, that's going to make a big difference to the direction of the university.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

ST_Lawson wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:51 am
sealhall74 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:31 am My two cents and you know I always have a couple of pennies lying around (in fact, not too long ago , I took all of my coins to the bank. Everything was rolled except the pennies. I had to use a milk crate and hand truck to get it into the bank in two trips. Came to over $3200 dollars when it was said and done, so I always have a few coins lying around the house, but I digress very badly.)

NUFF SAID
Elected at the state level?...regional?...local? Without getting too political, that's going to make a big difference to the direction of the university.
Regional with X number of members from the region and Y number of at-large members from outside. You are going to get people who want to be there and have a constituency to listen to, that should make a difference IMO.
Embrace the pace of the race.
Tere North

At an October 2017 meeting of the Moline Rotary, VP Rives wat the guest speaker. While I question his claim that he was offered and didn't accept a job in Macomb, instead going to the QC, it is clear he hates the idea of returning to Macomb.

Check out the last paragraph of the image - and to think that Ag is a premiere signature program at Western.

Leatherneck10

Tere North wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:18 pm
At an October 2017 meeting of the Moline Rotary, VP Rives wat the guest speaker. While I question his claim that he was offered and didn't accept a job in Macomb, instead going to the QC, it is clear he hates the idea of returning to Macomb.

Check out the last paragraph of the image - and to think that Ag is a premiere signature program at Western.

Beyond offensive. But that sounds like him.
rocki

So, who is it that actually wants this guy to take the reins? And why? We saw the report of how the QC campus is draining the Macomb campus - who in their right mind would want him here?
Neckerchief

So, Joe Rives was financially irresponsible and spiteful to his OWN MOTHER! Sheesh.