A New Beginning has Begun

General Campus News, Updates, Discussion
Leatherneck10

He was at the residence some. I regularly saw him and Mrs Thomas drive across the bridge on Wigwam at 745 in the morning.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Leatherneck10 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:09 pm He was at the residence some. I regularly saw him and Mrs Thomas drive across the bridge on Wigwam at 745 in the morning.
Hmmm....ok. I thought he had his own place in town (probably from before he was president)...I could be wrong though.
I'm also close enough to see the bridge from my house (you must live pretty close to me), but usually at 7:45, I'm dropping the kids off at school or the grandparents house.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
wiu712

Op-Ed: Follow Illinois playbook to earn big money, all while not working.
From The Center Square Illinois:
https://www.thecentersquare.com/illinoi ... 5c3aa.html
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

The BOT meeting scheduled for today/tomorrow has been cancelled due to a lack of a quorum.

Also, apparently BOT members Jackie Thompson and Nick Padgett have been removed from the board (as of last night). I have not heard anything about a reason for that yet.

Lots of other rumors and stuff flying around campus, but until I know anything else definitive, I'm not going to comment on those.
Leatherneck10

ST_Lawson wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:26 am The BOT meeting scheduled for today/tomorrow has been cancelled due to a lack of a quorum.

Also, apparently BOT members Jackie Thompson and Nick Padgett have been removed from the board (as of last night). I have not heard anything about a reason for that yet.

Lots of other rumors and stuff flying around campus, but until I know anything else definitive, I'm not going to comment on those.
Getting caught up in the emails about firing the former president caught up with them.
Neckfansince71

No matter what though, seems like we have a very thoughtful Provost who is also acting President until October. We also have a very talented admissions guy who just got started so the ship is still moving with direction! ;) jc
Tere North

Neckfansince71 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:59 am No matter what though, seems like we have a very thoughtful Provost who is also acting President until October. We also have a very talented admissions guy who just got started so the ship is still moving with direction! ;) jc
The Governor's office removed Nick Padgett and Jackie Thompson from the Board. Three other members were no-shows, presumably in solidarity with Nick and Jackie, to prevent a railroading of Joe Rives being named President. No quorum, no meeting, no Joe. So Abraham remains as Acting President.
sealhall74

could we rename this thread Same Old Same Old SMH
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:07 am could we rename this thread Same Old Same Old SMH
I generally don't like the saying "I literally can't even"....but today....it just seems appropriate.
Neckfansince71

Well no one said this was going to be easy or clean and neat. I just wish Springfield would bug out! ;) jc