Homecoming "Decorations"

General Campus News, Updates, Discussion
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Just noticed this this morning as I was driving into work. There are purple and gold "Block W" flags attached to every other of the new light poles along University Drive. They look really nice.

[imgur]https://i.imgur.com/xGkkvWe.jpg[/imgur]
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

And now there's a few more on the light poles in the medians out at/past the edge of campus.

[imgur]https://i.imgur.com/2pUDeB7.jpg[/imgur]
WIU0812

That is awesome, keep your eyes peeled for more hopefully the do some more. I always though they should do like U of I or SIUC and have the one side be a WIU flag like they already had on some light poles and then the other side is one of the star athletes for the semesters ongoing sports. You see a lot of football and volleyball players on sides of poles with different motivational sayings at a lot of campuses. What they did looks very nice though, wonder if it was a combo with the flags for the top of west stands.

O and look there is the run down Karate shop right before you get to WIU. I feel like I will never see it, but that place needs to move spots and that building demoed. They could then put some type of statue or something to welcome visitors, even just a flower garden area to make it feel more open and inviting right there. I know the school already owns the building just east of it and is used for physical plant items.
Western_101

Thanks for the pic's ST Lawson. I appreciate your contributions.

You are the eyes and ears for a lot of folks that don't regularly get to Macomb.

I was there a month or so ago and aside from the West side grandstand I thought the campus had never looked better.
Western_101

ST Lawson,

Would you mind posting a couple pics of pregame stuff and a couple of the Stadium filled up if you are able to?

I will be unable to attend, It is true what is said about the value of a picture.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

RedNeck wrote:ST Lawson,

Would you mind posting a couple pics of pregame stuff and a couple of the Stadium filled up if you are able to?

I will be unable to attend, It is true what is said about the value of a picture.
I'll do my best, but I will be playing with the Alumni Band, so I won't quite have the "free time" that I usually do before and during the game.
wiu712

Saturday's weather will be cooler than originally thought.

It will be in the upper 30's on Saturday morning. Warming up to 52 in the afternoon under partly cloudy skies. It will be a breezy day with winds WNW at 20 mph. The winds will make it feel colder.

Those coming into town will need to bring all of their cold-weather outfits.

This will be a busy weekend with increased traffic as it is also Homecoming at Monmouth College. And it is the first weekend for the Spoon River Drive.
sealhall74

For better or worse, looks like a good day to run the ball. Love/hate relationship for the kickers. I need to run to Walmart and pick up a couple extra layers.
Embrace the pace of the race.